Skip to content

#18169 Mask of Strohm should reveal the guardian when the wearer is in sight of it

ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
edited December 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
So I am in Firag (the red dragon however its spelled) doing the quest where u find certain pieces of a mask to see the guardian protecting the tomb. I have completed the mask but I still can't see the monster. No spells reveal him wearing the mask on every character doesnt work. I remember this bug from the original game. It's a real bummer it's still here and no amount of loading and starting over will fix it for me.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited July 2015
    Hi @ojthesimpson
    Can you zip and attach a save please for investigation please.

I can't remember this being reported before and a quick test indicates it is working as expected so could you also confirm whether your game has any mods installed.
    Thanks

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    I experienced this as well, no mods installed (though I have tampered with some files, including edited content in containers in this .are file, but not the area script).

In original BG2 I could give the mask to Yoshimo, who was then able to see The Guardian. That didn't work in BG2EE, and neither did giving the mask to the protagonist.

In the end it was Keldorn's True Sight ability that stopped my party from being wiped out (or barbecued, if you wish) by this most elusive Guardian.
    @fkirenicus
    Do you have a save from just before this point that you could zip and attach for inspection please.
    Thanks
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited December 2015
    @fkirenicus I just wanted to note that the Guardian is only revealed if the nearest non-invisible character to him is equipped with the mask. If you send in two or more party members, familiars or other allied creatures you should make sure that the one with the mask is in front.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    Tagged
    Thanks
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited December 2015
    Hmm. I'll see what I can do, but have no save games close to this encounter now. Must start anew and go there again and see what happens. You may well be right that the mask must be on the character *closest* to the guardian - which Yoshimo in my case probably wasn't (I sent Valygar in first, then Yoshimo and finally Keldorn).
    edited December 2015
    @fkirenicus
    Don't worry, the information supplied by argent77 did the trick and I could reproduce the issue.
    Thanks