Skip to content

Dragon's dogma coming to PC

brusbrus Member Posts: 944
edited December 2015 in Off-Topic

People are praising it as flawed but unique.
What are your thoughts on the game and did someone play it ?
ChildofBhaal599Kamigoroshi

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I played it on my PS3 for a good long while. There's a lot to enjoy but I can't say that it stands out particularly in my mind. Certainly that video was a lot more suspenseful than I remember it. So maybe it is worth a second look.
    brus
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    From the looks of it, the upcoming PC version has fixed some of the more glaring flaws of the original game. Namely the addition of high-res textures and no begging to purchase miniature DLCs.

For me, the biggest flaw of Dragon's Dogma is the lack of mounts or other reliable fast travel mechanics. Other than those very rare crystals, I mean. To be blunt: this game world is TOO BLOODY HUGE to travel on foot all while listening to whining pawns/NPC's the whole time. It would be fabolous if modders were to create actual mounts in there! Oh, and did I already mentioned there is only 1 save file for the whole game? That's... scary, in a lot of ways....

This review of the original game boils it pretty much down.

I'll probably purchase it sometimes after the initial release. Preferable when there are ways of aquiring more fairy crystals through modding.
    brus