Skip to content

I recognize that voice!

My two year old was watching Curious George (newer version) and I swore I heard Minsc's voice. I looked it up on IMDB and, sure enough, the Minsc voice actor voices the italian restauraunteer (Mr. Piscetty) in the show! He sounds exactly the same. Who knew Minsc is Italian!

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    The real question is: DOES HE HAVE A HAMSTER?
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

As Told By Ginger featured Melissa Disney (Imoen) as the lead.

I will never look at Ginger the same way ever again.

(Is it just me, or does Melissa have a habit of voicing redheads...?)
  • YelocessejYelocessej Member Posts: 182
    Ironically, she tends to dye her hair brown for the acting she's done. "In a World..." is a recent film about the world of voice acting, if anyone is interested. I believe Melissa makes a cameo (I haven't seen it yet, keep forgetting).
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766

You should check out Gravity Falls, Kevin Michael Richardson (Sarevok) does many voices on it.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!
    Also, I know that he also voiced the narrator in the first episode of the (terrible) W.I.T.C.H. cartoon.
    You should check it out, Gravity Falls is a real gem. It's one of those "kids shows" that's really not. It has layers upon layers of subtle humor, while still being cute and clean. It's the anti-Family Guy. It reminds me the most of this old SNES game, "Earthbound", for some reason.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I thought Steven Universe is the anti-Family Guy o.o
    And I've already watched it. I just didn't notice that Sarevok is in it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    KMR had a cameo on How I Met Your Mother. I don't recall which episode it was, but I definitely geeked out a bit when it happened.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Yelocessej: "With you, every day is a treasure." *hugs*
    He's also the bouncer at the bar, and THIS guy:
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    There are a number of big name VA's in this series that could be cited for appearances in dozens of other things (Kevin Michael Richardson in particular is everywhere), but just one I think stands out a bit for parallelism is how Jennifer Hale does Dynaheir in Baldur's Gate, and would voice a magic-user again as Zatanna in Justice League Unlimited, another thing I really love.

Also, our buddy Irenicus appeared on Batman and Gargoyles, which is probably common knowledge, as well as being the Klingon PM in Star Trek VI.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Also, our buddy Irenicus appeared on Batman and Gargoyles, which is probably common knowledge, as well as being the Klingon PM in Star Trek VI.

More importantly, he's also this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OKLgLZHFk

And Sark/Dillinger from the original TRON movie.

There are a number of big name VA's in this series that could be cited for appearances in dozens of other things (Kevin Michael Richardson in particular is everywhere), but just one I think stands out a bit for parallelism is how Jennifer Hale does Dynaheir in Baldur's Gate, and would voice a magic-user again as Zatanna in Justice League Unlimited, another thing I really love.

I'd like to forget that Kevin did this:
    Border said:

My two year old was watching Curious George (newer version) and I swore I heard Minsc's voice. I looked it up on IMDB and, sure enough, the Minsc voice actor voices the italian restauraunteer (Mr. Piscetty) in the show! He sounds exactly the same. Who knew Minsc is Italian!

The guy on the right might sound familiar to you, then...

• BorderBorder Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2015

The guy on the right might sound familiar to you, then...

no friggin way.... I never realized that. Honestly, the only reason I noticed the Curious George one is because he uses the exact same voice. My head went up as soon as I heard it.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited December 2015
    It is no surprising, in France we had a famous dub for Julia Roberts and she was the medic in Starcraft Brood War. The same as french dub Son Goku who actually was a bg2 male fighter fr dub
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

While we're on this subject, I've always been convinced that Minsc's voice can be heard at 24 seconds of this vid (one of the YT comments also points this out as well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-VIA1GUCY
    What has been seen, cannot be unseen...............
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited December 2015
    The voice acting community is very incestuous, with lots of people doing multiple voices across multiple shows. H. Jon Benjamin plays Sterling Archer, Bob Belcher, Coach McGuirk, and Dr. Orpheus' master; Kristen Schaal plays Louise Belcher, Mabel Pines, and the fan from the Flight of the Conchords; Patrick Warburton plays Brock Samson and Rip Riley; and George Takei plays Ricardio the Heart Guy and various Japanese men. They all have very distinctive voices that stand out and work well with various emotions. Benjamin, Schaal, and Warburton all sound marvelous when they're yelling.

In other cases, like Mark Hamill or Dan Castellaneta, the voice actors just have great range, and can do a broad variety of very different voices.
  • BorderBorder Member Posts: 32
    Wow... Darkwing Duck was my favorite cartoon of the 90s. Beetlejuice, X-Men, and Animaniacs following....