Skip to content

Does Jaheira's romance go on if she temporarily dies in ToB?

Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
Hello,

I'm in ToB and somehow I had an epic fight in Watcher's Keep (damn that place is dangerous!) during which Jaheira died and was resurrected.

I know that in SoA that would have been enough to stop the romance, but as I managed to romance her properly in SoA (I met Terminsel) and had some romance dialogues in ToB, is it a problem now?

Edit: I checked my global variables with EE:Keeper and I have JaheiraRomanceActive 2
Post edited by Yann1989 on

Comments

• Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    Thank you very much!

Yes, that's why BG world is magic.

Merry Christmas and gl! :smile:
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Petrification and imprisonment count as death too, and they used to break all romances something fierce back in bg2 even after you rescue the npc from their predicament. I am not sure if it is fixed in bg2:ee, though.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Petrification and Imprisonment break romances because they remove the character from the party, and removing the character from the party breaks romances. Death doesn't remove the character from the party, and so does not break romances. A bit odd, definitely, but that's how it's implemented.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    I've hear lots of stories about death breaking a romance in baldur's gate 2 but I've never actually had that happen to me...
    edited January 2015
    It's been a lot of time since it happened, and Jaheira has not initiated any romance dialogue since then.

It would be great if the developers could give us insight into how they coded Jaheira's romance in ToB.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2015
    ToB romance talks depend on the continuation of the main plot. You need to face the Master wraith posing as Gorion and romanced one's former flame. A new lovetalk also occurs after Saradush is burned to the ground, etc. Otherwise you can spend months in Watchers Keep and no love talk will come.
    Hahaha I realized it was one year ago but just to give you the final info on this story. I finished the game and I had no other romance dialogue.

Which means: if you wanna have a romance with Jaheira, never EVER let her die, be petrified or imprisoned. Harsh rule indeed.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Yann1989 - yes. Jaheira's romance is more fragile than the others, it is permanently terminated by leaving her or losing her even temporarily, whereas the others give you a little time (er ... 3 days IIRC) to bring them back before they terminate the romance.