Skip to content

Black Pits problem

So, I started playing through the Black Pits, and I've encountered an issue, and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem -

After the Tier 2 battle with the ogre mage, Baeloth has his little talk about leaving equipment behind. (I have a save file just after that) I then talk to him again, and he responds and teleports us back to the marketplace. It loads, but with no side bars or mouse cursor. Everyone just stands in place (including the djinn or whatever he is in the center), and I can't do anything. It has the feel like there should be some forced dialog, possibly with the djinn, but I've never played through before to know exactly. Reloading from the save file yields the same results.

Does anyone have any thoughts or has anyone seen this before?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Sounds like a cutscene error. You could also try pressing the "H" key to see if it brings the hud back, but I rather doubt it will.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Traxxed said:

After the Tier 2 battle with the ogre mage, Baeloth has his little talk about leaving equipment behind.

You get that dialogue after beating an ogre mage? IIRC, you're only supposed to get that dialogue after beating the fire giant, which
    is the second-to-last battle in the game.

Maybe the problem is that that dialogue is triggering at the wrong point in the game? Either way, there isn't supposed to be any forced dialogue after you talk to Baeloth a second time and he teleports you back.

Do you have a saved game from right before the battle itself, which you can reload?

• GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    I have the same issue, I got it after fighting the Fire giant and elementals. I got teleported back to the main area with all the merchants, but my HUD and cursor are gone and my party just stand there motionless as if a cut scene is supposed to play but doesn't.
  • Sensei_MonkSensei_Monk Member Posts: 1
    I have that same issue as well. It's a pity cause I really enjoy the Black Pits otherwise and would really like to play through them. I'm playing on OS X Yosemite on a 2014 Macbook Air. Please fix it!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I had the same problem. Luckily I had a previous save and with that was able to proceed.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Just hit the same problem after beating the fire giant - OS X El Capitan on a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina (first version). I have a save immediately after the battle, before talking to Baeloth. For some reason, not expecting the dialog, I figured I should save, just in case. Of course, that save has actually killed my game slot unless we find some action I can take to recover the situation before returning to the main room.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Just to confirm, there is no UI to interact with, just a screen with characters cycling their default animation. I cannot even bring up the options screen to quit the game, but have to use the power button to hard-reset the machine (which luckily brings up a confirmation box from the OS, rather than rebooting right away).

Other oddness, I have a few characters who died in the battle, and naturally get picked up again when Baeloth appears. A couple of that can cast Draw upon Holy Might, and raise their Con to a level that starts regenerating - and they get a free Heal all the way to max. This does not affect other healing effects though, only regen (and I can test only con-based regen from here). Tried healing the leader as much as possible before return, in case their deceased-ish health was the problem, but no luck.