Skip to content

BG EE quits/crashes

All,

I must have played this game at least a dozen times after the EE has been installed on my Mac and this is the first time I am experiencing this issue for some reason. I am wondering if this is due to a new patch that was installed recently. Any time I try to move to another area in BG EE, the game quits/crashes about 75% of the time. It seems to be getting worse and I have been unable to enter the town of Balder's Gate. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening now and hasn't happened before? What can I do to trouble-shoot this issue?

Comments

• CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    I am mostly a Mac user and I know I'm pointing out the obvious, but have you tried shutting down and restarting the machine? Also, mods may cause this.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    There is another thread about problems with BGEE (and BG2EE to a lesser extent) after upgrading to El Capitan, that may be related to sound drivers. I'm terrible at linking to other posts, but you should find it fairly easily in this forum with a search for recent OS X issues.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    The bug is known but not yet fixed. There is a temporary workaround. Disable (move slider to left) the ambient sound (Options->Sound).

For a reference please see
    [17103] [Mac] Crash to desktop after upgrading to OSX El Capitan 10.11.1>.

• XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    I don't know if it is related to your *Mac*, but I have an iPad that is jailbroken. All it took for me to fix it was to uninstall the files through the store (don't know if that works on mac), reboot, and reinstall. It didn't work at all before then, but now it works like nobody's business... Lemme know if this helps, cya.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Same issue here.