Skip to content

#18268 Simmeon should not respawn after he is killed

LanJemWezzLanJemWezz Member Posts: 3
edited December 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Upon my most recent playthrough (Mac, v1.3.2053), I managed to defeat Simmeon and his lackies outside of Baldur's Gate proper. We lost both Dorn and Viconia in the battle (other party members include 'charname', Edwin, Eldoth, and Kagain). We then proceeded into the city to raise the fallen members before returning to the previous site outside of the city. Dorn successfully initiated his dialogue about Simmeon's death, etc., but immediately afterward we strolled to where their few items should have been only to discover them alive and well and out for blood again!

Is this right?

Tried it again after a reload, and Simmeon and the others were again NOT dead, as the city guard was attacking them due to their continued hostility. Bug?

It should be noted that this playthrough began before the last patch was installed, so a new game might resolve this. Thoughts?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Is this right?

No.

Bug?

Yes.

It should be noted that this playthrough began before the last patch was installed, so a new game might resolve this. Thoughts?

Maybe. I remember I once had an odd bug (albeit very different from yours) which turned out to be due to continuing the same run after installing a patch. (Wasn't serious in my case, I could just play on, and the bug went away when I eventually started a new run.)
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I seem to remember this happening to me once. Could it be that because this fight is Dorn-specific, if he dies before the end then the fight never finished in his 'reality' and has to be fought all over again?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Tagged
    Thanks