Skip to content

Favourite BG1 NPCs to appear in BG2?

JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Sorry for the GENERIC title guys!

I don't know if the devs are planning this (looking unlikely since the three new EE NPCs are returning to BG2 - which is probably quite a lot of work!) but it's nice to dream, eh?

For me, I miss pairings, some people dislike them and usually send one off into a throng of bandits naked and stark raving mad, but I like the role-playing aspect to them and the party interactions they have. If some bleary-eyed adventurer came up to me and asked me to join their 'suspect' looking band of merry men I'd DEFINITELY drag an (inferior I might add ... for obvious reasons) friend along if not for safety then insurance for myself.

So on that note, Eldoth and Skie are who'd I'd love to see make a return!
I'd love to see their roles mixed up a bit, or at least let the PC have some intervention.
Besides, neither make a cameo in BG2, so we're covered there!

We don't get any single class thieves in BG2, well ... we get one and we all know how that story plays out, plus I like Skie as a character, she's totally believable - I get so bored of the 'I go and smash!' and the 'for the glory of the battleee! herrrp' voice sets of some NPCs. I reckon she could have some great dialogue with Nalia (I imagine BG2 Skie being somewhat more wiser than her BG1 counterpart) so there could be some interesting eye rolling conversations between the two (that's Skie doing the eye rolling!). Haer'Dalis would probably set his eyes upon Skie no doubt, definitely could see some bard-off action going on. Plus she has decent stats, and everyone in BG2 has good stats so Skie would fit right in if she was given perhaps +3 to her wisdom and +2 to her strength or something of a similar effect. We also know Skie had nothing left for her in Baldur's Gate after Entar her father died and her step-mother being an absolute bitch, her real mother died when she was young right?

Eldoth would be awesome too, he's also a believable character and coupled with Skie makes for a (fine?) partnering. Besides, there isn't a real bard in BG2, I mean there's Haer'Dalis but ... he's not really a bard, let's be honest, he can't sing ... or cite poetry that well either! Plus Eldoth's evil too! That would be a boon to the evil community. I can also see him mixing up party dynamics as well, arguing his 'ownership' over Skie with Haer'Dalis yet flirting with the likes of Vicionia at the same time. Now as for his stats, they may need to be upgraded somewhat, in comparison to Haer'Dalis's 87 points, Eldoth has only 82. I'd probably just suggest a +3 to dexterity and +1 or +2 to intelligence and he should be up to the mark.

Yes. I think this would be awesome.

Yes.

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Trent Oster mentioned in the AMA that we'd be getting more original NPCs in BG2:EE along with Dorn, Neera and Rasaad - and there were hints that one would be a female evil thief (basically the anti-Imoen). With all those new faces joining in, I don't think we really need more BG1 people coming back too. :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited September 2012
    It always irked me that Kivan, Coran, and Shar-Teel were all excluded as playable NPCs in BG2. They were the three best, and coolest, NPCs in BG1 IMO.

I also think Safana should've returned as a playable NPC in BG2. Although she was one of the weaker NPCs in BG1 IMO, she was certainly a very memorable character. Besides, the makers could've simply given her improved stats and more abilities like they did to the other returning NPCs. I think it also would've been very practical to have Safana return as well, seeing as one of the biggest flaws in BG2 IMO is its lack of NPC thieves (the game only has two thieves that can actually level up, and one of them is a multi class, and the other...

** SPOILERS **

...dies halfway through).

As much as I loved BG2 (much moreso than BG1, in fact), I always felt its makers really dropped the ball as far as which NPCs to bring back.
    Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Ya, I wish they would do something like that. That would be very nice for them to include all of the BG1 NPCs somehow or the other; those who haven't already had cameos or whatever.

Kivan comes to mind... So does Kagain, Korgan can suck it.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Mmmn, more NPC's makes me very happy ... :D
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    @SharGuidesMyHand I think you mean multi-class, a certain gnome..

Agree about Safana though, she was cool
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Give me Branwen and I will be happy.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    In my eyes Shar-Teel was the most outstanding character in all BG, so I'd stick with her.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Elzarath said:

@SharGuidesMyHand I think you mean multi-class, a certain gnome..

Ah, yes... corrected. ;-)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2012
    I could die happy if Safana were in Baldur's Gate II.

With a romance. Which would probably be far more frisky than Viconia's, even. ;D
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Kivan I'd think. Fortunately, with the Kivan and Deheriana mod it's doable. The kind of friendship you develop with him over the course of the trilogy is really awesome.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Quartz said:

I could die happy if Safana were in Baldur's Gate II.

With a romance. Which would probably be far more frisky than Viconia's, even. ;D

She is, with Coran in the Forest of Tideir.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Though I think they've said they're not looking to having original BG1 NPC's back due to it possibly flooding BG2:EE with too many, I still think there's an argument at looking those who didn't appear in any form and picking a selection of the best NPC's and possibly making them recruitable in BG2:EE. Either that or add a couple of new mission cameos or wait for BG3 and have some of them there if possible.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    @RedGuard I still stand by what I said, if anyone is to appear, should be Eldoth and Skie - two of the most underused characters and two of the most original ones as well.