Skip to content

Will BGEE transition into SoD seamlessly?

Will BGEE transition into SoD seamlessly, or will the player be immediately "transferred" after finishing the game (rendering previous areas inaccessible à la ToB)?

If it does transition seamlessly, will any of the new content be accessible before the end of BGEE?

While I hope it's different from ToB in that it transitions seamlessly while still leaving the previous world accessible, I must admit that I am extremely excited about new BG content no matter how they do it.

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    edited December 2015
    As far as I am aware, SoD will begin as soon as you kill Sarevok and you resume the game within Baldur's gate. That's all.

One could assume that if you do start within the city of Baldur's Gate then perhaps some of the maps will be available to explore OR it will be a brand new city of Baldurs Gate (x amount of time down the line), so any quests you missed are resolved if you didn't complete them e.t.c and there will be a new swathe of quests to do (just speculating as the SoD does take place some time after the events in BG).

Nothing really has been confirmed or denied about the matter (to my 'limited' knowledge)
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited December 2015
    By accessible, I don't mean the main quest. I was more referring to any side quests that might be included (as well as perhaps new items/weapons).

Regardless, I am happy. Just having NEW BG content to play after all this time is a dream come true for me.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

By accessible, I don't mean the main quest. I was more referring to any side quests that might be included (as well as perhaps new items/weapons).

So far as is known, SoD is not adding any new side-quests into the old areas which are accessible before the defeat of Sarevok.

It is confirmed that there will be numerous new side-quests and new items, but it's implied that these are all in the new areas and during the time of the new main quest.