Skip to content

New Game Jaheira Issue.

Log_HorizonLog_Horizon Member Posts: 8
Over the Christmas break I decided to start up a new game BG2:EE (v. 1.3) and realized that when I would start a new game Jaheira would start out with
Resistances:
20% Fire
20% Cold
20% Electricity
20% Acid
20% Magic Fire
20% Magic Cold
100% Poison

I'm positive that Half Elf --- Fighter/Druid Does not get these resistances ever, let alone at level Fighter(6)/Druid(7).

Are others getting this bug when they start a new game?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    All Druids get 100% Poison immunity at level 15, then 10% elemental immunities at level 18, rising to 20% at level 21 and 30% at level 24 (but Jaheira caps out at level 21).

So yes, it's correct that Jaheira should indeed get the immunities you mention, BUT that's at the end of the game, not at the start.

What is making you think that she'll start with those immunities?
  • Log_HorizonLog_Horizon Member Posts: 8
    If you actually read my post you would of noticed that I didn't ever say that I thought she should. She IS starting the game with them at lvl 6 fighter/7 druid which she should not have.

It is a bug that i was wondering if any one else is getting. I'm having to use EE: Keeper to remove the bonuses because the game by default is adding them at the start of the game.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    It's never happened to me that Jaheira starts the game with her end-of-game immunities already in place.

It sounds as if you're getting some strange glitch or bug. What platform are you on? (I'm on Windows, btw.)