Skip to content

Solaufein doesn't appear by illithid city in"Save Phaere"quest if"captured by Mflayers"is done alrdy

AryetAryet Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
[Iphone app] I had already completed the "captured by mind flayers" quest and read on old forums for original PC that Solaufein doesnt show up where he should near the illithid city if this quest was done previous to the "save phaere" quest. Talking to solaufein while still in Ust Natha he only says "My mind is occupied with thoughts of the future, and i have no time for idle chatter".

Please halp

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well if you've already destroyed the Illithid city, then it makes some sense that a quest based upon the assumption that some Illithids are transporting a captive to that city will not now take place, so this behaviour might be by design. But I'm not sure, I'm only guessing.

However, if it is by design that you can't now rescue Phaere, then I'm not sure how you can proceed with the several other Ust Natha quests which depend upon Phaere's presence. Maybe doing the "Captured by Mind Flayers" quest too soon means that you've automatically failed most of the Ust Natha quests?

Or maybe indeed it's a bug.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Aryet I tried speaking to him after clearing the illithid lair and it played through OK - I assume this is the conversation where he is on a raised platform with Imrae after an earlier conversation near his quarters.

Could you advise gender of your character, their charisma and any NPC's in your party please. I would ask for a save but doubt you can get one from your iPhone.
    Thanks