Skip to content

Jade Empire

The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
Jade empire's currently available for free on Origin. This is a classic, and well worth a play. I'm chuffed, because I bought my copy in Berlin, and it was all in German (a lovely language to be sure, however not one I'm familiar with). I got someone to upload an english Dialog.tlk, so it was all good, but I do look forward to a run where the audio is in English.

I've just got back from holiday, and missed the Steam sale by a couple of minutes, so I decided to grab Mass Effect 3 from Origin at 50% off, and look, it's already paid off :D

Comments

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    .. umm .. tough crowd?

Wait, no, I geddit, you're all too busy following the link to comment :wink:

In case someone doesn't know what Origin is, and is too shy to ask, Origin is the DRM manager for Electronic arts. EA own Bioware. Bioware coded the original Baldur's gate, as well as Jade Empire. Beamdog own (some or all of the rights to) BG, but (I assume) EA still own Jade Empire.

Anyway, here's the link. I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to link to Origin, if not, apologies.

www.origin.com/store/free-games/on-the-house
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I been got it, hell I still have the original game on xbox, and my original xbox. I beat this game so many times and in so many ways!

When I say only play throughs, I mean putting points only in x style of martial arts. So if its one I can't get until the area before the jade empire, then I would spend any points t all. the only style I never got to play was the lotus assassin, and that is because it didn't come out until the pc version.

Weapons only play through (except when enemies were immune, then i switch to spirit thief or storm dragon)
    Magic only ply through (except when enemies where immune, then i switch to spirit thief or storm dragon)
    Transformation only play through (until I ran out of mana and then I spirit thief it up)
    Spirit thief only playthrough (I felt like a god!)
    Storm Dragon only play through (yet another god)
    Putting no points in any style play through but using them all (god this was hell, but I beat it!)

just talking about this makes me ant to draw silk fox, dawn star and the guardian.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Here I thought I played it a lot doing one for each of the main starting styles. ^^ How do you spirit thief only? It does 0 physical damage no?

Anyways, nice game. Recommend for anyone who's never played it while it's free.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited January 2016
    @TheElf
    That is only partially true, all support except storm dragon does no damage UNLESS you are in chi strike mode. When that is turned on, you chip away at their health ad since you're using it with spirit thief, you lose almost no mana. So basically you can stay in it almost indefinitely, but spirit thief is still a support style so even with the chi strike at max. You will only be chipping away at your enemies health and against multiple enemies, you will be looking for aoe spam openings.

Spirit thief was literally my favorite styles, ad i was trying to avoid sounding like i was bragging, but I did them all on the max difficulty setting... boss fights were hell with some styles, especially when I did the Mirabelle only play through (yea I know its kinda goofy since you kinda get it late game. But I spent no points on any other style but it d the only used it after I got it.)

God I loved that game, it still didn't hold a candle to phantom dust, the single greatest Xbox game ever made!