Skip to content

The Evil path through Hell (SPOILERS)

In my current playthrough charname is a Blackguard so obviously I had to pick all the evil options in Hell. However when it came to the one where you have to sacrifice a party member the demon always took Hexxat, no matter which position she was in the party and I couldn't resurrect her (and she didn't re-appear after resting several times). This was particularly irritating as I had a superfluous tank (Korgan) that I could have quite easily done without.
After much experimentation I found that if I killed Hexxat before speaking to the demon then the paralysation didn't take hold on her and I was able to complete that task with a full party (albeit 1/6th dead). I then 'resurrected' Hexxat into Dragomir's Respite, rested once and Hexxat re-appeared, none the worse for wear.

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2016
    The demon's pick is decided by a specific variable, I think it's the second NPC (besides Charname) to join your party. So if you wake up in Irenicus' dungeon and Imoen joins your party, and you then free Minsc, then Minsc takes that slot. (X = "Minsc")

However when you replace Minsc with another NPC, for example Hexxat, then the variable becomes X = "Hexxat". If you drop the character, then the variable registers that there is nobody in that party slot, no matter how many other party members you have. In that case the game summons a commoner for you to sacrifice. In your case, you could simply drop Hexxat from the party, do the trial of selfishness, and then pick Hexxat up again.

(This is how it works in the original game. I haven't checked it in Enhanced Edition.)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    one time when I was doing this trail the demon chose anomen, and he was the only person in my party that could revive party members, touché demon, touché
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    sarevok57 said:

one time when I was doing this trail the demon chose anomen

Are you sure that wasn't the good path? Sounds like the demon just wanted to help you :P
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    For some reason, during my main playthrough, the demon chose Aerie. I believe she was the fifth person to join my party, so I don't have a clue how the game decided that.