Skip to content

beta-testing

LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
I'm starting to suspect that they may have started a round of betatesting. The usual crowd that lurks around have gone remarkably silent all of a sudden! :P (maybe they are busy playing the game?)

On one hand it would be awesome if they have indeed started betatesting because it means that a release date is that much closer. On the other hand I really wanted to betatest so if it has started without me hearing anything about it, then I'm slightly disappointed about that.

So what do you guys think? Have those sneaky bastards started a round of betatesting or am I just being a paranoid goofball?

In all seriousness: Hurray for Beamdog for bringing us the awesome bg1ee and bg2ee. And hopefully they will do an awesome release of Dragonspear.

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Also consider that it's the holidays.. everywhere has gone quiet for the moment =D
    JuliusBorisov
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Since beta testers need to buy the game before testing it the beta can't start until pre-orders do.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    cmk24 said:

Since beta testers need to buy the game before testing it the beta can't start until pre-orders do.

pfah! Who are you to come here with reason?!? I reject your reality and substitute my own where I can wear tin foil hats and believe in my conspiracy theorys! Because that is what this is! A CONSPIRACY!!!!
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    Lifat said:

I reject your reality and substitute my own where I can wear tin foil hats and believe in my conspiracy theorys! Because that is what this is! A CONSPIRACY!!!!

A C-O-N-spiracy!
  • EtherheadEtherhead Member Posts: 16
    I would love to beta test, but I am not an age old player. My big question is that we should be getting a new version patch up for the old games to make them all as up to date as possible yes? :wink:
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I believe the other EE games will be patched on launch day.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The devs have said at least BG1:EE will be patched prior to the launch of SoD (but no word on how far in advance). I think the beta they are going to run will be for *both* SoD and the BG1:EE patch.