Skip to content

Feature Request- Cloud Saves

Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
This way we can play BGEE and BG2EE on BOTH iPad and PC with the same character. Now that iFunbox doesn't work anymore, this is about our only option.

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    This would be nice-ish, but requires people to buy the game twice. Low demand feature that affects only a small percentage of users.
  • grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    Actually, just search these forums and you will see it is at leats a medium demand. Also, over two years ago, Trent Oster said cloud saves were in development.

(See,

Before the 8.3 version of iTunes I would play my campaigns on my home PC when at home and on my iPad when on teh road. I have not been able to do this since April 2015. In this day and age, this is very disappointing.

Simple feature version:

PC -> iOS: I will email a saved game file to myself. Give us a unique file extension so that when I click on it the attached file in my iOS email, BG opens the attachment. (You already let us do this for portraits.) BG would see that it is a saved game and copy it to the saved game directory with a unique name.

iOS - PC: From the saved game list, provide an envelope icon. When tapped, it opens a new email with the saved game file already attached. I can then email this attachment to myself and put it in the right directory on my PC.

I don't know if Apple allows the functionality described in my iOS -> PC suggestion, but I am sure some version of this could be developed.

I will post this as a new thread, too, to see if we can get some traction.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    If cross-platform cloud saving is hard to implement devs should cosider giving us this feature withing each platform at least:
    * Android - Google Play Cloud Saves
    * iOS - iCloud
    * PC - Steam Cloud Saves