Skip to content

Allow more than 50 spells per level in the IDS table

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Are you certain it doesn't already? I tried some random spell numbers above 3X50/4X50 and they worked in scripts.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I think the [50] limit only still matters for priest spells, as the level up process only adds id's up to X50 to the spellbook. For example, Protection from Good is ID:1199, its not in HIDESPL.2DA, its not added to any priests spellbook at level up(nor removed if present), but it can be called from scripts just fine.
    I agree with you, it should be all of them(00-99)[or even (00-ZZ)] by default, HIDESPL.2da and SPELLS.2da exists for a reason, but they currently only work to reduce the amount available, not increase it. But, Spell.IDS has no control over a priest spell being added at level up. They are added directly based on the filename, whether or not they are in Spell.IDS.

Extending the available filenames for default Priest spells is what's needed, maybe even an opposite of HIDESPL.2da, where we could list filenames to be checked as a default Priest spell.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

kjeron said:

Extending the available filenames for default Priest spells is what's needed, maybe even an opposite of HIDESPL.2da,

This right here. You sir, are a genius.
    This really would be awesome!

One question: do they have scrolling on the spell screens? If not, then we should request this as well (for priests and mages)