Skip to content

[No repro] 2 Hexxat ?_?

BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I am playing unmodded game.
I went to Dragonmir's Tomb get the fake Hexxat eaten by the real hexxat.
After the 1st conversation with the real Hexat, I started to look for the drops of the dead Hexxat (can't find it).
Since nothing much of value, I decided to go after real Hexxat as she will ask for that rag of Dragonmir.
Asked the real Hexxat to join the party, went back to try find the drops and found another Hexxat running.
Chased after her, open the door to see if she runs out of the tomb (which she didn't), and finally talked to the 2nd Hexxat and found that she is the fake Hexxat not dead.
I asked her to jon the party and she did X_X (she still think I need to go Dragonmir's Tomb and find the sleeper).

Attach a ScreenShot and savegame
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    There are a couple of possible tickets for this.
    #5153 - are you using the latest patch (1.3.2064)
    #10995 - was your main character separated from the party from Dragomirs death to reaching Hexxat.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @gate70 yes I am using latest patch.
    Charname is always involve in fights never missed them (Archer).
    I wonder if that fake hexxat can stay in party till end of TOB ^^.
    Do you have a save from before, and if so can you reproduce the issue?

& I see no reason why you couldn't keep the character for the remainder although impossible to say for certain without playing it through.
    @Gate70 I had a save before, if reloaded no 2 Hexxat ^^.
    I will try to ue the fake Hexxat for the game when I am done with the current run ^^.
    OK, so intermittent then. I'll mark as having no repro case for the time being.
    Thanks
    @Gate70, it happened when I keep running the party through that veil that teleports everyone back, just before fake Hexxat reach the real one. I recall I was repeatedly putting the whole party through, over and over till fake Hexxat passes the veil (I guess I caused a repeating loop that somehow got in the way of the game?)
    Yeah, that sounds feasible @Bubbles as your main character may initially have been close enough but the two actions (move back across the barrier and Hexxat activating) could then conflict. If that's the case, I think ticket 10995 may help.
    @Gate70, anyway most of the bugs are all minor ones, there is always a work around (can't expect programmers to fix everything, we are but humans). Even the case of Hexxat not spawning after she died,
    I always end up resurrecting her with rod or use raise dead (but using raise dead, once she is up must immediately pause the game and make her drink a healing potion or she die again after that ^^).

I posted this, just for curiosity sake not so much as really making a "bug" complain^^.
    To me, as long as game don't crash there is no need to really make a fuss ^^.