Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Feature Request- Cloud Saves

Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 55
This way we can play BGEE and BG2EE on BOTH iPad and PC with the same character. Now that iFunbox doesn't work anymore, this is about our only option.

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 339
    This would be nice-ish, but requires people to buy the game twice. Low demand feature that affects only a small percentage of users.

• grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 28
    Actually, just search these forums and you will see it is at leats a medium demand. Also, over two years ago, Trent Oster said cloud saves were in development.

(See, )

Before the 8.3 version of iTunes I would play my campaigns on my home PC when at home and on my iPad when on teh road. I have not been able to do this since April 2015. In this day and age, this is very disappointing.

Simple feature version:

PC -> iOS: I will email a saved game file to myself. Give us a unique file extension so that when I click on it the attached file in my iOS email, BG opens the attachment. (You already let us do this for portraits.) BG would see that it is a saved game and copy it to the saved game directory with a unique name.

iOS - PC: From the saved game list, provide an envelope icon. When tapped, it opens a new email with the saved game file already attached. I can then email this attachment to myself and put it in the right directory on my PC.

I don't know if Apple allows the functionality described in my iOS -> PC suggestion, but I am sure some version of this could be developed.

I will post this as a new thread, too, to see if we can get some traction.

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    If cross-platform cloud saving is hard to implement devs should cosider giving us this feature withing each platform at least:
    * Android - Google Play Cloud Saves
    * iOS - iCloud
    * PC - Steam Cloud Saves