Skip to content

[Mod, Not an Issue] Black Pits II crashes during or after Tier 2 Battle 1 (Vampires)

AlexeiVDAlexeiVD Member Posts: 9
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Crashes when Ghal cast contingency or after the battle, when screen goes black after the battle won and party must be returned to quarters.
Nothing to add more.
Save before the battle + crash log (after battle). Override folder empty - no effect.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Your save works fine on my 1.3.2064 build, both chain contingency and victory. This may be machine specific so could you advise the below please (a bit of an assumption that this is PC version).
    - Version of Windows. 10?
    - Store. Steam?
    - Graphics card.
    - Sound card.
    - Graphics card driver version.
    - Sound card driver version.

Also, did you have mods installed and clear the override, or no mods at any point.
    Thanks
  • AlexeiVDAlexeiVD Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2016
    Hi!
    May I ask you then to attach here a save after the battle?

Further details:
    - Win X, x64
    - Steam,
    - Intel HD4000 (Laptop), Intel driver v.10.18.10.4276
    - Realtek HD (built-in as well), driver v.6.0.1.7535.

Previously I've finished both BG's with no one glitch, except for BG2 ToB with Szass Tam (got a bug with conjured weapon - just dropped it before teleportation).

Mods: tweaked scripts, some new items (longbows, arrows, not used in Pits), feats - all removed to check why it crashes, with no effect.

Thanks!
    Post edited by AlexeiVD on
    Sure. However, in doing that I got a crash and I think it's to do with items on the ground so need to look for the relevant ticket.

If you are able to do the combat again yourself (I find the vampires one of the harder combats), could you try picking up the loot of any dead party members as soon as they die, e.g. via the Quickloot bar. If not, I've attached a later save.

(& if it is items on the ground, you can store any junk such as broken weapons in the bedroom area chests.
    Looks like it is caused by Tyras' axes, item AX1H17. Investigating...
    Buying a new axe from the weapons merchant and dropping it doesn't reproduce the issue.
    Imported Tyras has different axes.

I think this leaves it as the axes being modded and they would remain in a save even if the override folder is cleared. If there is another explanation I'm happy to investigate further but will mark as not an issue for the time being.
    Thanks
  • AlexeiVDAlexeiVD Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the idea! and for the save as well!

UPD: the trouble was really due to the dropped loot of the dead party members.
This discussion has been closed.