kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
edited December 2015 in BGII:EE Mods
Return of the Evil Majordomo!
Lady Delcia's ghost!
Answers from Alianna and Gorion!
A SECRET adversary!
Angry succubi and more!

There is a new mod in town!

Do you want to see Gorion again? Talk to your mother? Return to Nalia's castle, thwart the plans ot the Evil Majordomo, solve little people's problems, fight demons and meet a surprisingly candid antagonist who also keeps voluminous diaries?

Then Reunion is the mod for you! It starts in Amkethran, in Chapter 9 of the Throne of Bhaal, when Nalia de'Arnise approaches you with distressing news. Take her along - I promise, she'll have lots of interesting conversations.

Learn more and download the mod here: http://www.pocketplane.net/reunion

Enjoy the game, and Merry Christmas!
CaeriaJuliusBorisovAstroBryGuyShinithildurnewSharGuidesMyHandStummvonBordwehrIsewein

Comments

• CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    Congratulations on the release!
    JuliusBorisov
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    It's a holiday miracle! Awesome stuff, really excited to see more mods that take place during ToB to break up some of the monotony of that expansion.
    Shinithildurnew
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2016

It's a holiday miracle! Awesome stuff, really excited to see more mods that take place during ToB to break up some of the monotony of that expansion.

Indeed, would love to see quality mods with some RP elements to break up the 'go here next, kill xyz' monotony of ToB, especially if they're written by competent mod authors like Kulyok!

ToB new content doesn't need to be earth shattering or comprehensively plot changing imo; it's just really nice to have something to break up the dull rhythm of ToB's gameplay... though I'm still hoping someday DavidW's Wheels of Prophecy mod gets updated/bugfixed so it's usable.
    Shin
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

Indeed, would love to see quality mods with some RP elements to break up the 'go here next, kill xyz' monotony of ToB, especially if they're written by competent mod authors like Kulyok!

ToB new content doesn't need to be earth shattering or comprehensively plot changing imo; it's just really nice to have something to break up the dull rhythm of ToB's gameplay... though I'm still hoping someday DavidW's Wheels of Prophecy mod gets updated/bugfixed so it's usable.
    Hmm, what's wrong with Wheels of Prophecy under BG2EE? I always thought it's stable. Am I missing something?

As for Reunion itself, I admire Kulyok's writing, so I'll definitely try it out someday. Nice job:)
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Does the mod support BG2EE? Or BGT? Or EET?
    Cahir said:

Hmm, what's wrong with Wheels of Prophecy under BG2EE? I always thought it's stable. Am I missing something?

As for Reunion itself, I admire Kulyok's writing, so I'll definitely try it out someday. Nice job:)
    Check out the bug report thread for Wheels over on the G3 forums. DavidW unfortunately no longer seems to be supporting this mod.
    StefanO said:

Does the mod support BG2EE? Or BGT? Or EET?

The first 2 yes, EET I don't know.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thanks for this mod. May I ask if you plan to also finish Nalia romance? I would be really interested.
    CaszidyAedan
  • TulgasTulgas Member Posts: 22
    Didn't get how and why Nalia's keep in any way connected to CHARNAME's family, why mod story takes place in her keep? That makes whole mod kinda artificial and pass-by story.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Tulgas wrote: »
    Didn't get how and why Nalia's keep in any way connected to CHARNAME's family, why mod story takes place in her keep? That makes whole mod kinda artificial and pass-by story.

kulyok may not have wanted to make a whole new area as thats alot harder to do in tob due to the smaller world map. i notice alot of mods that do add new stuff to tob just has the characters teleported to the new area. and nalia's romance mod was never finished. so kulyok threw her a bone to give her something in tob.

other then that the mod is fine and i consider it canon to my runs. to bad you need to use nalia to even get it to start.
    CaszidyStummvonBordwehr
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2020
    Tulgas wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned that
    your brother picks this place to ensure you come and rescue it. It's a pretty old trope, isn't it, the villain tugging at the protagonist's heartstrings to ensnare them? Also, most likely Charname is in some capacity official figurehead of the keep (Fighter class, multi-Stronghold or Nalia Romance mods), so an attack there is in some sense a violation of their reputation to which they have to react in some way. How else were they going to catch Charname, who is pretty much always on the move? The Keep is the closest it gets to a home base.

Also, you don't really need to use Nalia as a party member. It's perfectly sufficient to only pick her up as a guest star for the duration of this mod in ToB.
    megamike15
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    @Skitia As one of the few mods to deal with Nalia in ToB, might be worth considering this one when you work on De'Arnise Romance ToB?
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    This seems cool. Is it compatible with Ascension, by chance?
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Ran both an didn't encounter any issues. Reunion is an extended quest mod in terms of content, it does not influence the main ToB story progression so should be compatible with any other mod out there.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Isewein wrote: »
    Ran both an didn't encounter any issues. Reunion is an extended quest mod in terms of content, it does not influence the main ToB story progression so should be compatible with any other mod out there.

Awesome, thanks.