Skip to content

Cleric of Helm alignment

I decided this time for a play through from start to finish, I want to play a Lawful Good Priest of Helm (may dual him to a mage later) since I knew they could be Lawful Good in BG 2. When I went to create one on BG EE though, I discovered, they can only be Neutral alignments. Is there a way to change that in BG EE so a Cleric of Helm can be Lawful Good or is that hard-coded somewhere and not at all easy to change?

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The easiest way would probably be to create your character as LN, then use EE Keeper to edit his/her alignment.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    The adjustments to alignment requirements was part of the last bg2 patch... They just haven't got around to making the shift yet for bg1. It'll might get folded in to the SoD release when that arrives, as I doubt they'll do much patching beforehand.

Keepering it is simple, but don't forget to change you starting reputation... Good aligned characters get a boost vs neutral ones.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I always change the 2da files in the override folder because then you can select the desired alignment during character creation. In this case you need alignmnt.2da.

I only know how to manage that in vanilla and steam though, I have no idea how to get that to work in the beamdog install (I keep that one unmodded).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I don't ever recall a time where priests of helm could be a good alignment, they were always stuck to a neutral one, because bg2 had 3 alignment type clerics; lathander for good, helm for neutral, and talos for evil, if for some weird reason bg2ee allowed priests of helm to be of good alignment then I would definitely say that was a bug
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    sarevok57 said:

I don't ever recall a time where priests of helm could be a good alignment, they were always stuck to a neutral one, because bg2 had 3 alignment type clerics; lathander for good, helm for neutral, and talos for evil, if for some weird reason bg2ee allowed priests of helm to be of good alignment then I would definitely say that was a bug

It is new... and actually more sensible. Essentially it requires you to be within one "step" of the god's alignment on either the good/evil OR the chaos/law axis:

Helm (LN) can be any lawful or TN
    Lathander (NG) can be any good or TN
    Talos (CE) can be CE, NE or CN

No lawful priests of Talos or chaotic priests of Helm.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433

The easiest way would probably be to create your character as LN, then use EE Keeper to edit his/her alignment.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1

You don't even need EE Keeper or any other tool to change it. Activate the game console and enter the following text:
    C:Eval('ChangeAlignment(Myself,LAWFUL_GOOD)')
    Place the mouse cursor over your character and press enter. For convenience you can simply copy and paste this line into the game console.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    sarevok57 said:

Its intended (as abacus noted it effectively means you are just one step out of alignment with the alignment the god has). If you want a PnP source for this then Faiths and Avatars lays out what alignments each priest of a given god can be and the new alignments follow those (LG, LN, and N I believe in the case of Helm).