Skip to content

[EE Keeper v1.0.3.2 - Effects] Attacks Per Round Modifier (Solved + Tutorial)

VileDespiseVileDespise Member Posts: 17
edited February 2016 in General Modding
Problem - Effects / Add / Stat: Attack Speed Factor [190]

I've noticed that whenever I try to add my own Effects to my character that they don't function unless they are pointed towards at least one Resource [0 - 4] I'm just curious if there is a page with a list of these Resources? I'm trying to use Stat: Attack Speed Factor [190] and have set it up so it should significantly increase the speed at which my character attacks, however it is not functioning at all.

I noticed that I had this problem with adding an Effect that increased the movement speed of all my party members and resolved it by looking up my Berserker and using the Resource Code for his innate movement speed boost as a Resource Code for the party-wide speed buff (This was on a different character, mind you) and in turn it functioned the way I intended it to.

Could anyone shed some light on this? Must each Effect be pointed towards a Resource or am I doing something wrong entirely?
Post edited by VileDespise on

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707

I'm trying to use Stat: Attack Speed Factor [190] and have set it up so it should significantly increase the speed at which my character attacks, however it is not functioning at all.

You're probably aware of this, but just for the record: Attack Speed Factor does not increase the number of attacks you get per round.
    It merely determines at which point during your 6 second round the attack will happen. So it basically only matters for the first strike of an encounter.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

Must each Effect be pointed towards a Resource

Not that I'm aware of.

This list describes all affects and the parameters they use: http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/opcodes/bgee.htm
    It only mentions the resource field for some of them.
  • VileDespiseVileDespise Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2016
    ineth said:

I'm trying to use Stat: Attack Speed Factor [190] and have set it up so it should significantly increase the speed at which my character attacks, however it is not functioning at all.

You're probably aware of this, but just for the record: Attack Speed Factor does not increase the number of attacks you get per round.
    It merely determines at which point during your 6 second round the attack will happen. So it basically only matters for the first strike of an encounter.
    @ineth, I was actually skeptical about how the Attack Speed Factor effect functioned due to the naming used. I know everything is performed in "rounds" in Baldur's Gate yet due to the haste at which I was trying to add the effect [I had already edited the same game multiple times at this point, and I'm playing on Android so I have to constantly transfer the saves to and from the PC after editing them] it didn't even cross my mind.

I now realize that Stat: Attacks Per Round Modifier [1] is the correct effect for what I'm trying to achieve.

I appreciate your swift response which finally made me realize that I was using the entirely wrong effect for the results I was trying to produce.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

As reference for anyone else that wishes to increase the number of attacks your character performs within one round (6 second period), I will explain in detail how we achieve this effect.

[CHARNAME] has a Heavy Crossbow equipped which is capable of performing a single attack in a round (6 seconds) assuming [CHARNAME] has no buffs, like Haste for example. However, we would like to be able to attack with our Heavy Crossbow two times in a round as opposed to a single time. So let us go to the Effects tab in EE Keeper!

Click Add

-Set the values as seen below-

Type = Stat: Attacks Per Round Modifier [1] || Key Modifier = 2
    Target = Self || Type = 3
    Flags = Permanent || Time = 0
    Dispel/Resistance = Nonmagical || Probability = 0% / 100%

Side Note: The above information is tested, and working. This effect setup will allow [CHARNAME] to execute two Attacks Per Round with our Heavy Crossbow with only a 500 - 750 milliseconds gap in between the first and second attack!

Now let us review what we've done, we adjusted the Key Modifier [Attacks Per Round] to 2. The Type was changed to 3 [Final Value Modifier -> Key = 'Key Modifier' or put into simpler terms "Whatever value we placed in our Key Modifier will override anything else, no questions asked."] We've changed Target to Self [You can have a lot of fun with this and make this a party-wide buff, destroying pretty much everything in your path in mere seconds] We changed the Flags to Permanent, unless of course you want this effect to go away after a certain period of Time, which I don't. Dispel/Resistance remains Nonmagical and Probability can remain 0% / 100% [You can spice things up a bit with the Probability Value by making the two Attacks Per Round effect happen by chance]

That is a detailed explanation of the different values for this specific effect, and how we utilized them to achieve two Attacks Per Round.

Keep in mind, however, that this will change the number of times we attack in a single round with every weapon in the game, not just our Heavy Crossbow. The only way to change the number of Attacks Per Round for an individual weapon is to use Near Infinity [More information on Near Infinity can be found in the Modding forum] and manually change the value of the particular weapon we are using.

Forgive me for the rather long explanation on how to properly increase the number of attacks your [CHARNAME] will perform in a single round through the Effects in EE Keeper, I like to be thorough.
    Post edited by VileDespise on