Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 Redux

So this showed on my 'suggestions' on youtube and I just REALLY had to share this with you guys. I think it's amazing. It may not be perfect but it's still better than the crap they release nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhL8iKN3rVA

It's the Waukeen Promenade scene remade in DA engine I think. This may or may not already have been posted on this forum, but I still wanted to share this with you guys who may not have seen this.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Cuv would you like to add something? ;-)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It would be interesting to actually play the whole game with the DA engine. As a one-off experience.

But I still like the original visualisation more :)
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    bengoshi said:

It would be interesting to actually play the whole game with the DA engine. As a one-off experience.

But I still like the original visualisation more :)

totally agree, the only thing I miss here is the randomness and the utter complete chaos which can be seen in the original BG
  • TolkienBardTolkienBard Member Posts: 13
    Cuv said:

The mod is still in development, but with me here working on BG - it has mostly stalled. Most of Chapter 1 is finished, but there are enough gaps in the implementation that we are not happy releasing it yet. Yes, it is for the Dragon Age engine.

While I totally understand the appeal of having actual paid work in the community, it still makes me a bit sad to see that you and your team got so far, even managing to release the entirety of the Irenicus Dungeon portion, only to have the project stall out. The work done is absolutely incredible. I expected to play through it and still prefer the BG version play-style better. After a third run through trying out various options, I found that I actually didn't mind the DA game play at all.

Hopefully some folks in the modding community will be able to pick up the slack left by your departure.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I would prefer to play BG in NWN2 engine. Bugged as it is, it's most proper to an D&D game.
    The class system of NWN2 for me is perfect, while they changed somethings in the PnP class, that system is very open for changes (as a non-programmer i can be wrong in this), and Storm of Zehir resources would make area changes much more enjoinable (and would bring rest system more near to BG own use of rules).
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited November 2015
    @kamuizin A BG2 remake for NwN2 is already in the works by the same team that did the BG1 remake.
    Baldur's Gate Reloaded on Facebook, Bioware forum and Nexus.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Archaos said:

@kamuizin A BG2 remake for NwN2 is already in the works by the same team that did the BG1 remake.
    Baldur's Gate Reloaded on Facebook, Bioware forum and Nexus.

Nice news, and the project is limited to irenicus dungeon or they go for the entire game?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I did know that movie and the BG2 redux proyect.
    As a non-programmer and non-modder I am amazed of the results, double amazed as is something done by a non professional team modding a pre-existing engine.
    And sad to hear that it has mostly stalled.

This movie make me wander how could have been EE with a dedicated modern engine, programmed by a professional staff and designed for D&D games.
    I don't blame Beamdog, they had their budget, their priorities and their commercial strategies, and they are not doing a bad work.
    But let me wander......

I guess that I would have both original and EE installed on my pc, because also I like the original visualisation, but I think that a modern 3D can give a different level of immersion.
    And I know that I will rush to buy DAO if the redux project will see an end.
    For now I stick to the old notEE, waiting for enough new contents that i'm shure will come.
    But I wander how it could have been if only........
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Where'd the lines for the exchange between the Shadow Thieves and Irenicus come from? I don't remember them.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Malicron They are in the game - they were just never used in the released product.