Skip to content

Will my laptop run this good?

Callofthebeast34Callofthebeast34 Member Posts: 16
edited August 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I'm pretty sure it will but just wanting to check (better safe than sorry!)

Processor/Graphics: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHz
Ram: 4 gigs
sorry for posting another one of these. I'm sure people are getting tired of these.
Post edited by Callofthebeast34 on

Comments

• NorthernTrollNorthernTroll Member Posts: 3
    Easily. For comparison here is sys requirement for original BG2: Throne of Bhaal expansion:
    233 MHz CPU, 32 MB RAM, 4 MB video card RAM, 4X CD-ROM drive, DirectX 7.0, 1.1 GB available hard disk space, Windows 95
    Enhanced Edition wont be graphically much more demanding as far as I have understood it. So, no worries on that department.
    Callofthebeast34NecdilzorRedcloak
  • Callofthebeast34Callofthebeast34 Member Posts: 16
    Ahh okay thanks man!
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    Wow I have the same laptop! Its a great one too, and I think it'll definatly work. That laptop can play Skyrim and the Original BG, so considering the EE is inbetween those two, it'll work for sure.
  • AnOnionAnOnion Member Posts: 30
    I just hope my AMD E-350 APU'd laptop will run it. I have problems with almost every game out there... >_<
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I sure hope my computer with i7 quad core, 1GB video memory, and 16GB ram can run it...
    DMacAnimewaremlnevese
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2012
    I hope mine as well here my spec's Windows 3.1, 64MB Ram, No Video Card, Sound Blaster Plus, 1GB Hard Drive
    Space.....
    Post edited by Animeware on
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2012
    The only requirement some PCs might not meet is support for OpenGL2, if they are very old and/or have weird outdated drivers. The game supports OpenGL1 but probably won't look as good in that mode.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I'll give you a dollar if you edit your post to say "Will my laptop run this *well*?"

:-)
    aqzina
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2012

I'll give you a dollar if you edit your post to say "Will my laptop run this *well*?"

It was a joke & of course it would not run lol lol

Where my $1
  • HoboJoe0858HoboJoe0858 Member Posts: 36
    Animeware said:

It was a joke & of course it would not run lol lol

Where my $1
    Im pretty sure he was refering to the title post "Will my laptop run this good?" not your post
    HaHaCharade
  • RedcloakRedcloak Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    Here's an easy guideline for everyone:
    If your computer meets the minimum requirements for Windows 7, you will meet the requirements for this game.
    COrmith
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Hello hello! Currently so long as your computer supports OpenGL 1.2 and above, and meets the other listed requirements, you should be good to go for this game.

We are tracking some issues related to integrated Intel graphics solutions -- the problem being that the OpenGL driver implementation is not a "real" implementation, and instead relies on software processing to do the heavy lifting which results in a very slow game.

Beyond that, though, the existing requirements listed on beamdog.com stand. =)
    Redcloak
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    My toaster can run this game.
  • SolobearSolobear Member Posts: 55

Ahh okay thanks man!

derp derp...