Skip to content

Jaheira & Weapons

I'm a little confused. Can't she use swords?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Lelo said:

I'm a little confused. Can't she use swords?

She's a druid, there are rules on what weapons she can use, the only swords she can use are scimitars as i recall.
  • LeloLelo Member Posts: 60
    I was trying to remember because she starts out with a staff which sucks.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    As a Fighter/Druid, Jaheira can only use these weapons: Club, Dart, Dagger, Scimitar, Sling, Spear and Quarterstaff.
    How long will it be before I can find her a scimitar?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I prefer to give her some badass Spear to be honest. Or even a Quarterstaff. Two dots in Two Handed Weapon Style and there you go.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    That depends on how quickly you can find an ogre mage that carries one. There's a +2 Scimitar you can get on the top outdoor level of Durlag's Tower, and another one in the second map of Cloakwood
    Decisions. Decisions. I just want to make sure that in the beginning she's equipped to kick some butt.
    So, where is the first good weapon I can find for her?
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    I usually start her out with a club/sling combo until I can either get her profs in Scimitar (Rasads Talon) or Dagger (of Venom)
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    There is a magical club in the areas around Nashkel, that's a good start.
    luskan said:

I usually start her out with a club/sling combo until I can either get her profs in Scimitar (Rasads Talon) or Dagger (of Venom)

Where should I get a club?
    If you're truly desperate to give Jaheira a club, remember that in the meanwhile she may cast Shillelagh to get a "+1" club. Or cast Flame Blade.

Be aware that both won't work on creatures that requires magical weapons to be damaged (such as vampiric wolves).

A waste of spell slots IMHO.
    Raduziel said:

If you're truly desperate to give Jaheira a club, remember that in the meanwhile she may cast Shillelagh to get a "+1" club. Or cast Flame Blade.

Be aware that both won't work on creatures that requires magical weapons to be damaged (such as vampiric wolves).

A waste of spell slots IMHO.

I just want to give her a good enough weapon that will have enough of a blow to it to knock the crap out of a enemy.
    You can get a +1 quarterstaff really early in the game. I usually give it to Jaheira when I'm with her.

Beregost, by killing Silke. No Reputation loss and 900 xp for doing so.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Lelo said:

luskan said:

I buy one for 1 gp. If not right there in the Inn when you pick her up, then for sure in Beregost.
    luskan said:

Lelo said:

luskan said:

I buy one for 1 gp. If not right there in the Inn when you pick her up, then for sure in Beregost.
    I'm still at Friendly Arms so I'll check out the club.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited February 2016
    If you're interested in keeping her using clubs:

There are three magical clubs to be found in BG1:

- a +1 regular club held by one of the grunts in the area near the Gnoll Stronghold (the subquest where the dryad asks you to protect her tree

- the Mighty Oak +2 in Cloakwood 3 (dropped by the archdruid in side the building in the west part of the map - don't worry, he'll attack you as soon as he sees Jaheira)

- and finally, the Night Club +1 in front of Duke Entar Silvershield's house in NW Baldur's Gate city.
    Kilivitz said:

If you're interested in keeping her using clubs:

There are three magical clubs to be found in BG1:

- a +1 regular club held by one of the grunts in the area near the Gnoll Stronghold (the subquest where the dryad asks you to protect her tree

- the Mighty Oak +2 in Cloakwood 3 (dropped by the archdruid in side the building in the west part of the map - don't worry, he'll attack you as soon as he sees Jaheira)

- and finally, the Night Club +1 in front of Duke Entar Silvershield's house in NW Baldur's Gate city.
    I don't know if I'm going to keep her using clubs but it's a good start.