Skip to content

Nalia romance for BG2:EE

RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Since BG:EE looks to be including some mod content, I'm wondering, could BG2:EE include this one? I'm not against more story/romance content and I'd like to see this.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Can't be done. They're not allowed to change the dialogue for old joinable NPCs.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    A pity indeed, since the hilarity potential for this romance is huge.

PC: "So Nalia, I just married you to prevent Isaea Roenall from taking the keep. What about we fuck now?"
    Nalia: "Hmmm, why not?"
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    Aren't there two versions of it?
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38
    Marriage is the end of romance. :P
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    there's no need to make every single female 'bang-able' by the pc,get used to rejection! Aveline is solid!
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

there's no need to make every single female 'bang-able'

I disagree with you :D
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672

there's no need to make every single female 'bang-able' by the pc,get used to rejection! Aveline is solid!

Although from my point of view that's not the point of a romance dialogue path. Perhaps you're too used to Dragon Age and Mass Effect's poorly animated sex scenes? :P

Speaking of Aveline, did anyone else feel like it was odd that she had a sort of bluff romance? Especially since she feels like a homage to Jaheira.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I think Nalia would be an absolutely wonderful romance to impliment. Same goes for Haer'Dalis, and even Valygar (Hoping he would be fleshed out more due to the romance). I could definitely see Nalia as the Good yet not whiny type female for male protagonists, although it seems like Neera might actually fit that bill very well, because she doesn't look whiny, but she COULD be so I don't know...

But I think that the PC deserves a human female to romance... oddly there aren't any lol.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I never understood the hate for Nalia. She's not overly powerful, but she was a good character. Seems that her similarity with Imoen is the cause, but maybe I am missing something.
    I'm perpetually on the fence about Nalia. I've played through both the romance mods with her, had her with me a few times in completing ToB and experienced her dialogue on extended banter mods, and in all of these she seems stunted in this class-war mentality and beats you over the head with it. I'm not saying its not an important issue, or that Nalia herself is all that annoying, but she just comes with this baggage in the form of a constant morality lesson. Nalia is not Bruce Wayne, and although that may be because her portion of the vanilla game was kinda unfinished with no solid conclusion to her little quest arc, this even makes her come across as a little hypocritical.
    @reedmilfam I never knew there was any great hate for her. I always found her an entertaining character.

@CrazedSlayer Sadly, I never got either mod to work when I tried them years ago (though I always liked the idea of the possibility to romance Nalia). Which would you say is the better mod (or better written)? Could you highlight the significant differences?
    Sure. The de'Arnise Romance adds new content surrounding the Keep, letting you claim it even if you are not a fighter. Player-initiated dialogue, custom music during lovetalks, bodhi sequences and conflicts with other romancible NPCs are all in there, so its quite solid in that regard. Her main quest line is expanded too, so you get more of a satisfying conclusion to why her Keep was attacked.
    Her characterization in this somewhat resembles Jaheira, in that she does talk a little more on abstract terms than what she normally does, but thats fine. From memory, I think she has less lovetalks than Aerie, but hers are also alot longer. There's no ToB content, and I dont think any is in the works, either.

The Arnel version of the Nalia romance I could barely get working. There are versions of it that have apparently been fixed tho. From what did work, I could see far less content exists in this one. Her characterization was a little off in this: following her father's funeral you can marry her so that Isaea cant go after her. I think there were documents added in this that implicated the Twisted Rune in the Keep's attack, which kinda fits, but not much is done with that.
    Short story is I'd go with de'Arnise Romance, but no ToB content means Nalia is stuck in this rut of being naive about how the world works and always preaching her half-formed ideals at you.
    Thanks for the info @CrazedSlayer I think I'll go with the De'Arnise version with my next playthrough of BG2.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I usually have Nalia in my party, but I would never want to romance the stuck up bitch.
    @Awong124 Ah, but would you like the OPTION to do so? ;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @crazedslayer I definitely wouldn't mind the option.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    BTW: Nalia character dub same actress like Viconia :D
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    I don't think the programmers are allowed to write romances for women with rounded ears, as evidenced by their track record so far:

Winged Elf, Dark Elf, Half-elf, Half-elf.

But I'd really like to see a Nalia romance!
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    There was some mods with Nalia romance implementing it in BG2:ee could be a good idea. I think i saw Dynahier romance mod somewhere too. Shamefully i didnt play it :( I guess it could be fun with boo spying and Minsc getting jelalous :D