Skip to content

[MOD REQUEST] Original Vanilla BG UI mod in EE?

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited January 2016 in General Modding
G'day,

First thread, first post since 2012/13. It's time I actually played through.

I wanted to wait awhile until BG:EE was fine tuned and had mods for the original UI from vanilla BG, and the original cinematics.

Do you guys know if anyone has made these mods or if someone's working on it?
Cheers
Post edited by Ward on

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited January 2016
    I've actually considered taking the time to learn how to mod the GUI just so I could do this.

I'm waiting on SoD, though, since the expansion will most certainly break any current GUI mods.

You can get the original movies, though: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55573-mod-bg-ee-classic-movies/
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Do it! :smiley: it's well overdue and there just isn't that genuine BG experience without it. It's probably the only reason left to stick with Easytutu.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I miss the old UI, I don't like the "shadows of amn" UI in bg1, for me it just doesn't fit well, and I like going from the UI in bg1 to the updated version in bg2, it makes you feel like you are actually in a different game
    edited February 2016
    Too right @sarevok57

The way I figured it was, you go from the medieval European lands of the Sword Coast, to the Middle Eastern crusades of Amn. The change in UI and art styles mirrored that, it seems very odd and aesthetically inappropriate to mix them up. When flung into a new world, you should experience a new world. But the old world has to be old first :wink:

It also refreshes the experience, just that change in UI. Peaks new interest.
    Thanks for the link to the old movies @Kilivitz you're a legend mate. Looking forward to Siege of Dragonspear and a playthrough of all three games. Hopefully there's a BG1 UI by then :smiley:
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2016
    Welcome back Ward. In addition to restoring the original movies,

you guys are in luck, there IS a mod that restored the original UI from the classic series, mostly.

it is called "Classic gameplay windows for BG:EE" been using it since 2012 and i love it.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1017-classic-gameplay-windows-for-bgee/

edited February 2016
    @Gloomfrost Mate, as they would say where I come from, you're a legend and a scholar. Hopefully it will be compatible with any patches to the UI caused by SoD. How do you mean mostly? And why are there two save game buttons?

Now I can finally relinquish Tutu. Hellzayeah. Yes, this was important enough to me that I haven't played BG:EE :smiley:
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    yeah i know what you mean, i just love the old stone look of the original UI. I understand completely not wanting to play without it.

The bottom button is a quick save.

What i mean mostly is the other screens other then the main gameplay window revert to whatever skin you have installed, i guess the default is that horrid blue.

So i use this mod Recoloured BG:EE GUI V1.11

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1027-recoloured-bgee-gui/

that makes the other screens at least tolerable.

I do wish every single screen was the original stone UI textures.