Skip to content

Lots of English EE texts not translated into German (especially Neera related content)

I am currently playing Baldurs Gate 2 EE in German. The game is fun and I have no problems, but upon encountering the new EE content (Neera), I saw that a lot of the texts of the EE content is not translated into German at all. The result is a big mixup with English and German texts. This means one screen is in English, the next in German, the next is in English again and so. Sometimes some of the possible answers to a dialogue are in English while the others are in German.

Those seem to be not some isolated strings, but from what I have played of Neera it is literally about 30% of all texts related to Neera and the wild forest. I only played a few minutes into the wild forest though (+ her initial encounters in the city), because I dont want to completly ruin it for me, but from what I have seen there is no indication this is going to stop.

I am also very sure it is not just me, this affects all German versions. I checked some German lets plays on YT and it is exactly the same there.

I wonder if someone from Beamdog ever actually checked whether the translation is complete? I mean its not some obscure texts late in the game it is literally from the very first EE content you encounter -> Neera on the bridge district...

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/yPPAa

I play the steam version.

Is there some hope this may gets fixed or do I have to settle that I cant take any of the EE characters with me (as this just destroys the atmosphere completly...)?

Comments