Skip to content

Will cross-platform limit BG-EE for Bigger Size , Better Graphic Effects ?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
First ,
i see cross-platform can let more peopole get in BG-EE world and make more profit for game developers,
I believe nobody will oppose the big plan ~

But cross-platform mean different devices / hardware / interface / , it mean when developers want to create new function/content / graphic effect , they must consider if it is also workable for other platforms in the same time.

For instance , if the file size is too big , it may case some pontential issues in IOS/Android ~~ and due to consider tablet deivces's graphic performance , developers may must give up some graphic effects in the main engine,

Of course , i am not the game developer and no any sense in making the game ,

But i just feel curiously , Will cross-platform limit BG-EE for Bigger Size , Better Graphic Effects ?

Comments

• FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    No. iOS devices are far more powerful than computers that existed when BG was released, and there are many games that are not too far from current gen console graphics. What'll limit is the game engine, not device specs.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Np. Most games can adjust their graphic lvl, most PC games have better graphics than their console counterpart. Anyway I doubt well get high graphics for BGEE 2 cause I doubt well depart from IE. BGEE could be a different story though.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    As both BG and BG2 were well-crafted PC games from the start, I don't think this is much of an issue here. If BG3 ever gets done though, multiplatform considerations from the onset may well prevent it from becoming all it could be on the PC, as tends to be the case with multiplatform games.