Skip to content

The Monk Quest is still Buggy Need help on Getting new Map Area quest

I am doing the Monk PC quest with Rashad the Sun Soul Monk. I have slept probably for years to try and get it to trigger and gone back and forth in the two interconnecting maps where he is to to meet his 'friends' but it will not trigger the cut scene. I think it could be that I tried to cast dire charm on the guy who is by the arch nearby the Big Baddy HQ. I have NO cheats and NO add ons. I did get so frustrated I tried to enter the Console Command option in the folder douc but I must have entered it wrong as the shift and space together do not enter the box to type in the global that is supposed to reset him

Anyone have any ideas to solve this?

I think I attached the save too.

Comments

• BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    file>
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Dot bother answering I just uninstalled it I guess I will start from scratch and go on through to the mid expansion siege whenever that is
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Beowulf said:

shift and space together do not enter the box to type in the global that is supposed to reset him

Well, the first problem I see is that you are using the wrong key combo to bring up the console. It is supposed to be control-space and not shift-space.

Sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier... I would have definitely been able to help you with your problems.
  • PscionPscion Member Posts: 19
    i'm still stuck on this quest portion as well... had to rest/travel to get over 100 days of him in my party, and has his 2 conversations as needed, and now i finally got the attack to trigger in the docks (and picked up the note, which updated the journal entry), and sorrem won't appear... anything i can do to fix this? maybe a console command?
    @Pscion Could you upload your save file so I could take a look at it? To upload the save just zip your whole 00000###-YourSaveName folder and attach it here. Make sure you give me an @Tresset when you do so to make sure I don't miss it.
    @Tresset k here ya go, hopefully it will be a simple fix. i will keep trying for a little bit
    edited February 2016
    @Pscion Hmm... Odd... The game thinks Rasaad is dead...

Do you remember if/how he died and if/how you raised him? Did he perhaps get killed and did you then use the console to create a new Rasaad?

Anyway, the following console code can be used to fix the issue. You can use ctrl-v to paste it into the console.
    C:SetGlobal("sprite_is_deadrasaad","Global",0)
    Tresset said:

@Pscion Hmm... Odd... The game thinks Rasaad is dead...

Do you remember if/how he died and if/how you raised him? Did he perhaps get killed and did you then use the console to create a new Rasaad?

Anyway, the following console code can be used to fix the issue. You can use ctrl-v to paste it into the console.

C:SetGlobal("sprite_is_deadrasaad","Global",0)
    no i never did kill and remake him, but the game glitched and made a clone of him that at first i thought was purely visual O.o thanks though!