Skip to content

How exactly is a saving throw is triggered

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
I'm curious how exactly a saving throw is triggered

For example...

Equipped abilities:
- Causes the wielder to go berserk (save vs spell)

Would this be triggered once the first item is equipped or would it be triggered each time the wielder enters a battle?

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Greener said:

I'm curious how exactly a saving throw is triggered

For example...

Equipped abilities:
    - Causes the wielder to go berserk (save vs spell)

Would this be triggered once the first item is equipped or would it be triggered each time the wielder enters a battle?

I think that it depends on the effect... I'm not sure in this case. Isn't there a cursed two handed sword that does something like this? I think that it only triggers in combat, but I'm not sure how the effect is set up in the itm file. Different configurations might act differently
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I can't say for certain without having access to the source code. But from what I've seen so far I'd say that a save check is triggered only when the effect opcode is applied to the target. If it's a "while equipped" type of effect then the check is triggered whenever you equip or re-equip the item regardless of when the effect actually becomes apparent to the player (such as in the case of Berserk).
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    edited February 2016
    Thank you

Perhaps than modifying it from an equipped ability to a combat ability may trigger ongoing saving throws?