Skip to content

Achievements in Siege of Dragonspear

Will Siege of Dragonspear add more achievements to the 61 that we already see listed for BGEE?

Comments

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    ... Achievements??? BGEE has achievements?
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Yes, 61 for BGEE and 93 for BG2EE.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    yeah they must have added them pretty recent. I dont think they are active yet though. I know last time I played Baldur's Gate 2 EE that the achievements on that are not unlocking yet. They will probably become active when Siege gets released is my guess.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited March 2016
    SoD will definitely give new achievements, because, actually, the first ideas about achievements for BGEE appeared in regards to SoD:

Dragon Slayer- Awoke and defeated the green dragon

Dark Places - Entered the caverns beneath Dragonspear Castle

It had been before we could see all 61 for BGEE and 93 for BG2EE achievements - have a look here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47285/lets-discuss-the-steam-achievements#latest

Right now, the achievements for BG don't work because they're a WIP. But they will go live with the next patches for BGEE and BG2EE.

Among 61 achievements for BGEE Dragon Slayer and Dark Places aren't listed. It means SoD will have its own achievements and I think it will have a lot more than 2 of them.

And it was a good idea to separate BGEE and SoD achievements because they can be quite spoilery.
    ... But the achievements are steam only? So the people who bought it through beamdogs own program can't get them, right? Or would it be possible simply by uploading the game to your steam library?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited March 2016
    Lifat said:

... But the achievements are steam only? So the people who bought it through beamdogs own program can't get them, right? Or would it be possible simply by uploading the game to your steam library?

SOD website mentioned you can contact with Beamdog Support to get the steam key when you buy the game from developer directly,

I guess get SOD from Beamdog directly , still can leave more profit to developers
    Post edited by darrenkuo on
    edited March 2016
    darrenkuo said:

Lifat said:

SOD website mentioned you can contact with Beamdog Support to get the steam key when you buy the game from developer directly,

I guess get SOD from Beamdog directly , still can leave more profit to developers
    The reason I got the two games directly from beamdog was indeed to give them as much of the profits as I could. Anyways, these achievements aren't that big a deal for me, so I'm not kicking up a fuss, but it would be nice to know if their own client (or other clients) will get the achievements, or if it is a steam exclusive. If it is, I'm probably going to still buy directly from them and then ask for a steam-key.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Just wait for a Steam sale and buy the games again.
    bleusteel said:

Just wait for a Steam sale and buy the games again.

Yeah, no. While I do love these games, I don't have the economy to buy copies of games I already have, even if it is at half price.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Beamdog put in the effort to make the achievements. I don't think it unreasonable to compensate them.

It's just a further sign of Beamdog's awesomeness if they are providing Steam keys for direct purchasers. For the record, I already owned 4 different copies of all of these games. Buying them again through Steam was not a problem.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hehe. Got both games on beamdog and steam and also was able to acquire a hardcopy.
    In any case, the bgee ones suggest to include the SoD ones then? Bit strange or not.
    bleusteel said:

Beamdog put in the effort to make the achievements. I don't think it unreasonable to compensate them.

It's just a further sign of Beamdog's awesomeness if they are providing Steam keys for direct purchasers. For the record, I already owned 4 different copies of all of these games. Buying them again through Steam was not a problem.

I find it awesome that you support this game and beamdog as much as you have. You won't hear a bad word from me about that. But expecting people to buy a game for a different client simply to get achievements is a little out there. My income is low enough that I have to prioritize what I buy, which means buying multiple copies of a game is out of the question.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    The achievement system on Steam is part of the Steam API (support system which must be compiled into the game), so unless the Beamdog store has something similar on their own client, I wouldn't expect the Beamdog store version to have achievements.

If you add your Beamdog store version of the game to Steam as a non-Steam game, you still won't get achievements in Steam.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect that you purchase the game from the store that provides all the infrastructure you want to use... but feel free to ask Beamdog to take the hit for you and give you a Steam key if it matters that much to you.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    AFAIK it's possible to replace your Beamdog purchase with a Steam key if one's so inclined.

As much as I like the idea of replaying the games in order to get those achievements, I wouldn't let go of my Beamdog purchase (and all the perks that come with it such as getting patches first and no DRM) to do that.

Might as well fork out the cash again. YOU'RE WELCOME BEAM DAWG
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    I don't know if this has been asked, but if I stupidly purchased BGEE through Steam, will SOD still work if I purchase through Beamdog?
  • ScottP480ScottP480 Member Posts: 5
    bengoshi said:

SoD will definitely give new achievements, because, actually, the first ideas about achievements for BGEE appeared in regards to SoD:

Dragon Slayer- Awoke and defeated the green dragon

Dark Places - Entered the caverns beneath Dragonspear Castle

It had been before we could see all 61 for BGEE and 93 for BG2EE achievements - have a look here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47285/lets-discuss-the-steam-achievements#latest

Right now, the achievements for BG don't work because they're a WIP. But they will go live with the next patches for BGEE and BG2EE.

Among 61 achievements for BGEE Dragon Slayer and Dark Places aren't listed. It means SoD will have its own achievements and I think it will have a lot more than 2 of them.

And it was a good idea to separate BGEE and SoD achievements because they can be quite spoilery.

This is the kind of response I was hoping for. I had the same thought; I figured they wouldn't spoil any SoD quests/items/enemies by releasing the achievements early. It also seems like all 61 of the other achievements pertain to just BGEE.

Would love to see a hefty amount added!
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'm hoping the difficulty based achievements stack like in many other games. So that completing on easy is unlocked if you complete on hard. There's just no way I'm bothering with story mode.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Maybe you only need to rerun the end battle in easy mode.