Skip to content

Figher/Druid melee build

In my party there is always room for F/C or R/C and I prefer my druids single class. But just for novelty sake, I intend to try a multi Fighter/Druid. The last time I played that class was in vanilla IWD and that was a long time. I remeber I wasn't impressed back then (R/C siuted my playstyle better).

So in my next playthrough I intend to replace my F/C with Fighter/Druid multi ( I prefer multi over dual class). Since I intend to use my F/D as a frontliner, I was thinking of going with Scimitar as a main weapon ( Lucky Scimitar is available early on). Or should I go with staffs and clubs?
I am open to all suggestions about weapons, spells, armor & playstyle :)

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Jaheira? Is that you?
  • dok0zhivagodok0zhivago Member Posts: 82
    Elendar said:

Jaheira? Is that you?

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Yeah, I was thinking of creating Jaheria's northern cousin.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I can't recommend a kensei 9 -> Druid dual class enough.

Otherwise I'd go with a kit.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited March 2016
    I am actually doing a solo run with a fighter/druid, I chose staff, no special reason, all i know is that i will be specializing in staff and spear. You have a +5 spear in the game, a +3 staff max and a +4 scimitar.

scimitar + shield will be more tanky

At the beginning of the game your character will be tanking more.

The advantage of staff is that you can afford a +3 staff right after the vales of shadow. If you are patient you have the staff of summoning +3 in dragon eye.

Note than in a party, as you reach higher level your druid will more likely cast and be a support because of all the awesome offensive spells and summons.

@Wowo
    Kensai / Druid? Sounds interesting. Might try it one day. Although I am not a great fan of dual classing in EE, mostly due to in my opinion broken weapon proficency system.

@ifupauline
    I usually play single class druids so I am familiar with summons and offensive spells.
    Related to F/D, what spells would you recommend for early to mid game?
    In my parties, my druid usually stays behind and lets his divine spells do the job but this time I intend to go up front, full macho mode.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

@Wowo
    Kensai / Druid? Sounds interesting. Might try it one day. Although I am not a great fan of dual classing in EE, mostly due to in my opinion broken weapon proficency system.

@ifupauline
    I usually play single class druids so I am familiar with summons and offensive spells.
    In my parties, my druid usually stays behind and lets his divine spells do the job but this time I intend to go up front, full macho mode.

If you dual at 9 then you can GM Scimitars and have 2 pips in TWF and after you can abide by the rules on your Druid levels going only 1 pip in any weapon.

Kensei and Druid compliment each other perfectly. Ironskins protects against critical hits and barkskin, kensei bonus and Entropy Shield take care of AC nicely. Finally, kensei offensive bonuses apply all the time which is super important in the long fights present in IWD.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405

@ifupauline

Humm, my playthrough will be much different from yours since I am soloing, I found that my healing spells were rapidly obsolete since I have a lot of hp and not a lot of slots. I should rather use, entangle, spine, mold touch, thorn spray, spike stone, insect plague, static charge (dah...), freedom of movement anything that can make my life easier when it comes to deal with large group. Also moonblade is really good vs undead and proved to be useful early game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

@Wowo

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43824/mod-announcement-hardcore-dual
    Thanks.
    :smiley:

• Artix00Artix00 Member Posts: 11
    When I try to dual class from Kensai --->>> Druid, i look at my kit description, and it says "Inactive class" Can anyone tell me when that means???
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Artix00 said:

When I try to dual class from Kensai --->>> Druid, i look at my kit description, and it says "Inactive class" Can anyone tell me when that means???

It means you lose all benefits of the first class until the second class is of a higher level.

Example: A swashbuckler duals to fighter at lvl 5.
    Until the character is a lvl 6 fighter (1 level higher than the swashbuckler classes), the character loses all the thief skills and the swashbuckler bonuses (-2 AC and +1 to hit/damage).