Skip to content

SCSII & Tactics in bg2ee

lololo555lololo555 Member Posts: 66
Do they work in bg2ee at the same time? I instaled the improved mages Tactics and its SCS equivalent (in that order) but I see the mages behave rather strange. First of all they don't have the summons they always teleported (in Tactics alone) secondly, some Liches have
>Aura Cleansed
and a ton of spells and some (Kangaxx parts guardians) are pretty lame. As I remember all eligible mages had a ton of protections casted when entering their area, but with both components, some miss out on those.

Is Tactics just incompatible with BG2EE or just installing both Tactics and SCSII ruins both components?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Just follow the readme from the OP here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41242/tactics-mod-bg2ee-compatibility-conversion-and-beta-test#latest and latest recommendation from the same thread by @Musigny about which component to install first
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    The generic components (generic AI, smarter mages, smarter priests) are the primary asset of Stratagems. If you want to use stratagems then not installing them makes no sense.
    Tactics is now configured to be installed after stratagems. As there is no gain from trying to install two mod components which have the same goal, Tactics does not offer some components at installation time if the corresponding stratagems components are detected.
    Anyway, should you install the Tactics smarter mages prior to Stratagems smarter mages, they would be entirely (or almost entirely) overriden.
    This being said, the script implemented by Tactics smarter mages is used by some creatures added by other Tactics components (for instance the two vampire mages helping Bodhi) even if Tactics smarter mages is not implemented.