Skip to content

General question about saves

I'm guessing they won't carry over to the actual release version of the patch but just thought I would check if they will. Beta saves basically never do so I won't be surprised if they don't.

So far I just leaving Friendly Arms with my brand new Shaman. Loving many things about this new patch. Encountered a couple crashes and something odd with the mouse cursor but I haven't been able to reproduce these myself so currently just took a little note of them and will check them again later. If I can't reproduce them under the same conditions with the same computer I am thinking I probably shouldn't write them up.

Back to Faerun ...

Comments

• Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    They more than likely will carry over, I still have a working BG2EE 1.3 Beta Save from when that happened.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I still have a working pre-release BG2:EE save (which I haven't finished yet... Cursed restartitis!).
  • MonkeyLungsMonkeyLungs Member Posts: 44
    Wow that's actually really good news. I have just been playing with haphazardly thrown together Shaman to test stuff out but I would rather play one of my other characters
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You should be able to use your Beta saves in the final release, yes.
    Yeah! Was hoping you would say that so I started playing my Cleric prior to reading this but now I'm even happier.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited March 2016
    Speaking of saves am I the only one who is currently unable to use the manual save in the beta? Every time I press the save button at first it does nothing, and if I try to press it again the whole game crashes. Kinda makes playing the game hard. Quick and autosave work fine though, but obviously those aren't enough unless I want to play the same character all the time.

Edit: Just to clarify this only affects BGEE, and yes I've reported it.

Edit2: Seem to have fixed this myself by deleting the BGEE folder in My Documents. Seems at least one of my old saves was somehow breaking the whole save system. Luckily it wasn't one of my final saves so nothing of value was lost.
    Post edited by Messi on
    Never happened to me glad you got it fixed!