Skip to content

Party based on Durlag Trollkiller?

MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
I'm interested in the idea of replaying Icewind Dale but this time as Durlag Trollkiller and his companions. From the wiki, it's said that Durlag's companions were Grael (that lovely ghoul you meet in Durlag's Tower), Chalmon, Hengriffe, Arlo Stoneblade and Tuorna Brightarm.

Durlag= Dwarven Defender
Arlo Stoneblade= Dwarven Fighter/Thief
Tuorna Brightarm= Elven Archer
Hengriffe= Human Undead Hunter
Grael= Elven Druid
Chalmon= Half-Elven Bard

This is my own idea of what the potential classes could be and any suggestions on what to change would be appreciated.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I certainly didn't expect two dwarfs and two elves to be working together.

I don't know much about FR canon, but wasn't Durlag long gone by the time Icewind Dale happened? Icewind Dale takes place 87 years before Baldur's Gate, and in Baldur's Gate, Bayard says that no one has breached Durlag's Tower to any significant degree in over 300 years, so if this is to be believed then the tower was built long before Icewind Dale happened. So, after Durlag built his personal dungeon, he just went off adventuring with a party that includes two elves and only one other dwarf while people from all across the Realms were getting killed in sorts of brutal ways in the tower? And he hadn't died by the time Icewind Dale happened? Well, if that's canon, I can't argue with it, but it's still pretty silly.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Daital could fill the spellcaster role. (he's the specter on level 3)