Skip to content

Betas not updating in BeamDog client

Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
Sam_ said:

I have access to various Betas (for BGEE, BGIIEE, and IWDEE) through the BeamDog client, but all of these seem to be for older Beta versions (nor for V2). Does this mean I am not allowed to participate in the current round of Beta testing, or has something else gone wrong?

Dee said:

I have access to the BG:EE or BGII:EE beta through Beamdog, but it's not updating. Is something wrong? @Sam_

Potentially. Start a new thread in this forum and tag @Cerevant - he'll help you figure out what's preventing you from updating, if anything.
Thansk for the response, @Dee . Any thoughts, @Cerevant ?

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Have you done the download? It is possible that the product description didn't get updated.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @Cerevant
    Indeed, the description for "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows Beta" in the BeamDog Client still included "Major Changes in Patch 1.0.2026" but actually downloaded v2.0.58.2. Additionally, it failed to download it to the custom folder I specified under Settings, but put it in instead.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the BeamDog Client to see if the issues persist, unless any of you want me to hold off to try to debug what's up with my current install...
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Reinstalling may fix your game folder issue, but the product description is on our end.
  • TredvoltTredvolt Member Posts: 62
    Not a huge deal since its release isn't far away but I'm having a similar problem. I have the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Private Beta available on my beamdog client but I'm unable to participate in 2.0 it seems. Maybe this is an older beta? I get an error when i try to download it. Either way I am content to wait but it would have been fun to get in there and find some bugs!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I was always told to try deleting the .beam and .status files. Maybe that will help.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Reinstalling the BeamDog client seems to have fixed the "game folder issue".