Skip to content

Road to v2.0 Feedback Survey #1

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
At this point, you've all been playing the public beta for almost a week. We'll be updating the builds in the next couple of days to address some of the issues you've reported through Redmine (Thank you for that), and in the next week we'll also be looking at some of the comments you've made regarding the UI changes, the balancing changes for the Poison Weapon ability, and the overall stability of the beta.

To that end, we've created a survey to help organize it all. If you have strong feelings (good or bad) about any part of this update--and it's a big update--then definitely fill out our survey to tell us how you feel.

This survey isn't designed to replace the discussions that are happening in this forum, which are wonderful and helpful and I want to thank you all for your honesty and enthusiasm. What this survey provides is a way for us to more formally gather your thoughts and suggestions into a format that we can present internally to the People Who Make Decisions.

We'll be posting similar surveys as the weeks roll by in this event. I encourage you to fill out each one, as your opinions will no doubt evolve, intensify, and change when we update the builds. Again, thank you all for participating, and may the odds be ever et cetera et cetera.

Road to v2.0 Feedback Survey #1

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you submitted the survey before a few minutes ago, I recommend going in and editing your responses. Due to a glitch, the (rather extensive) section on User Interface got skipped.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Done. I don't think I have filled out a survey as seriously as I have this one in a long time.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited March 2016
    Sent in mine. I appreciate that you're listening, Beamdog, but make sure you do listen.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    It feels a bit odd that you're accepting feedback here on the forum, on Redmine and now this survey that is somehow not meant to undermine the purpose of those other 2 methods of providing feedback...
  • StoibsStoibs Member Posts: 66
    A survey about the UI?
    Oh you can bet I filled that out.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    How long will the survey be up for before you close it? I haven't been able to play it long enough to fully get an accurate opinion on all the changes and additions.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Dee said:

If you submitted the survey before a few minutes ago, I recommend going in and editing your responses. Due to a glitch, the (rather extensive) section on User Interface got skipped.

Thanks for pointing this out, it seemed a bit on the short side the first time around.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    @Dee I added quite some bugs/improvement suggestions in the feedback (like glaring GUI inconsistencies, order of 50 total).
    If I have to add them in Redmine it would take me a long time (both to check whether the issue exists and to create a report for each individual item).
    Will the bugs/suggestions in my feedback be picked up?
    Please don't use the survey to report bugs. Use Redmine for bug reporting. I can't promise that bug reports submitted through the survey will make it to the dev team.
    edited March 2016
    I understand.

To put this in perspective, most of my observations are graphical inconsistencies, which are bugs. Maybe not big ones or game breaking, but still, they are not features. And I would have to verify whether these ~50 items are mentioned in the existing 223 Redmine items and create a new item for the ones that are not there yet?

Regretfully, that will take me too much time. I will have to think about this.
    And I only played for half an hour, took more time than that to write the feedback due to all the things I spotted, and I did not even get out of Candlekeep...
    If it's inconsistencies in the visuals you're seeing, it's still valuable feedback. And if the need is substantial enough, we'll dedicate the resources to tracking down the issues.

But I wouldn't use the survey as the default "I found a bug and want to report it" solution. That's what Redmine is for.
    Yes I understand. I will see if I can prioritise or group them then. Thanks for the response.
    Thank you all for submitting the survey! This week's survey is now closed.

But don't worry, you'll get a chance to offer your feedback again! For now, enjoy the updated beta builds!