Skip to content

What are you most looking forward to in SoD?

I'm excited to simply hear the new voiced lines of Minsc, Vic and Edwin, even tough I'm assuming there won't be many. Not a fan of Dynaheir, but Hale's work is always superb

I'm also eager know what happened to my favorite NPCs who don't appear in BG2, like Kagain, Shar-Teel, Eldoth and Kivan. I expect they will give or take part in quests. Who will turn into antagonists? Maybe under Caelar?

Finally, as an optimizer, I'm thrilled to check out the new items, hope there's a good +apr or magic throwing dagger for my swashbuckler

Comments

• prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    Probably just new content, The game is same 2e with another class added so I am not expecting anything revolutionary
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I'm really looking forward to finding out how exactly the characters from BG1 who reappear get to where they are when you meet them in BG2. I want to know why the companions you end BG1 with are not with you in Irenicus' dungeon and why the default party is there (if you didn't end with the default party). How will Imoen's levels in mage be explained? Why does Rasaad go from "my brother's dead and I need to move on now" to "REVEEEEEENGE!!!"? I am just so excited to see how everything gets tied together.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    The new story and banter.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Hopefully a useful bard, a great backstabbing weapon for my Gnomish cleric/thief that I can take from Glint and resolution for the characters I've most enjoyed in BG. Hopefully all of those things carry over to BG 2 as well
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I'm truly looking forward to more NPC interactions, and I'm also excited to see the reason for Charnames current predicament at the start of bg2.
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    I'd like if there were more varied quest lines for npc companions. Perhaps more that require you to betray other companions for evil side and some for good side where you have to put down evil possible companions (e.g., tasked with a bounty to capture/kill).

I'd also like to see more random encounters and some sort of consequence system in game beyond flaming knights or whatever they are.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Goblins. Lots of Goblins.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Glint and Voghiln, wink wink ;)
    npc goblin shamans added to to the goblin pool would be fun too in bg1+2.
  • PhooeyPhooey Member Posts: 17
    The bridge between BG1 and BG2 First. Then more convos with minsc, Imoen and the rest. The story, and new monsters, and most importantly it doing so well that Beamdog gives BG2 the same treatment. Bg1 is great but I LOVE BG2. :wink:
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Phooey said:

The bridge between BG1 and BG2

same here

• nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    I'm very curious about the plot and the shining lady.
    I'm also very interrested in the new goblin NPC, I hope she's good and could appear somedays in a mod or official DLC for Bg2
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Svar said:

I'm really looking forward to finding out how exactly the characters from BG1 who reappear get to where they are when you meet them in BG2. I want to know why the companions you end BG1 with are not with you in Irenicus' dungeon and why the default party is there (if you didn't end with the default party). How will Imoen's levels in mage be explained? Why does Rasaad go from "my brother's dead and I need to move on now" to "REVEEEEEENGE!!!"? I am just so excited to see how everything gets tied together.

always moved all possible companions in the Friendly arm inn making it my Headquarters, and had the head canon that Irenicus guys just snatched Imoen ,CHARNAME and a couple random ones for Irenicus other experiments.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    Baldur's Gate: Pillars of Eternity edition.

jk
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    New story/, New Contine upgrade for engine features then we may still can enjoy infinity game for next 5~10 years,
  • namelesstwonamelesstwo Member Posts: 15
    Baeloth
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    New places to explore, new people to kill and loot.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    nysi said:

I'm very curious about the plot and the shining lady.
    I'm also very interrested in the new goblin NPC, I hope she's good and could appear somedays in a mod or official DLC for Bg2

Yeah the plot and the shining lady is what I'm looking forward to as well. I liked Avellones positive attitude about it, but I'm afraid he might have been a little too positive? I'm usually more confident about something when I see a mix of the good and the bad^^

But I guess that wouldn't really have been all that tasteful of him and maybe he couldn't reveal too much either.
  • d00der82d00der82 Member Posts: 21
    New story, new dungeons to crawl, new items to buy and collect. It's been awhile since I have had that feeling of exploring a new map or dungeon for the first time in an infinity engine game, which is what I look forward to most in an rpg game.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I want to say for the expanded story... but its basicly everything, i'm looking forward too. Especially the new Infinity Engine.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Getting to spend some time with the original companions. I hope to see new dialogue for my "friends" from the original series. Guys like Xan, Ajantis, Minsc and others.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Shining Lady romance plz.

Whatever the heck she is anyway. My dude is very open-minded.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    New content. And more funny interaction with kagain.
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    I am just so happy I get to buy a new infinity AD&D rpg game!!! woot
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2016
    New and improved combat on Insane difficulty. One can run through Bg1 with SCS only so many times :d
    (I prefer low/lower level D&D experience so don't mention that I can play BG2)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Imoen.
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    I'm looking forward to the new story! Can't wait to find out what CHARNAME, Viconia, Minsc, Neera, Coran and all the rest got up to in the time between BG and SoA.
    Adding to what I would like is that I would like to see perhaps a surprise epilogue of being captured with that expanded so it flows into BG:II better.