Skip to content

Please help with NWN true seeing!!!

Artas1984Artas1984 Member Posts: 49
edited February 2016 in Off-Topic
Bioware forums are long gone, Ironworks forums are closed... Where the hell i am supposed to write?

I am playing NWN HOTU. I am about to upgrade my weapons at Rizolvir's place. I did this many times before, but i did notice something..

If i ask him to upgrade my weapon with true seeing, does that actually work? Because i don't see any icon near my character indicating true seeing.

If i cast as spell of true seeing, i do get the icon and the animation of eyes floating around my head, but there is no such a thing when i pick up an upgraded weapon with true seeing.

Is this another bug like with improved initiative that somehow was never discussed and missed?

Thank you for understanding the need to post here. I think most of you veterans know Neverwinter Nights very well just like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited February 2016
    Constant effects from equipment and feats and such things do not appear on the top of the main screen with the temporary buff icons. They do (usually), however, appear on the bottom of the character record window.

I am quite sure that the true seeing effect that Rizolvir applies works perfectly well. The easiest way to make sure is to have a henchmen drink an invisibility potion and then step away from them (because the PC can always see invisible characters within a certain range) both with and without your true seeing item equipped.

Whenever I want to find out more about NWN game mechanics I usually check the NWN wikia. It is an excellent guide to the game and makes sure to point out any factual errors or bugs there may be with things. Umm... you may want an ad blocker for that website, though, as there are tons of ads and they really slow things down if they are not blocked.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what a coincidence I just finished playing HoTU and I added that ability to my weapon, and I saw that baddies were casting invisibility but they weren't going invisible, so to clarify, yes it does work, and besides you should have so much gold, that buying true seeing wouldn't be a waste anyway
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    also, enchantment slots aren't limited if you know what you are doing :D
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
  • Artas1984Artas1984 Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2016
    Thank's for replies, should have figured out it works...
    Archaos said:
    I see "EA" sign on it. The forum is cursed already.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I might be a month late, but...

True Seeing on an item confers all of its beneficial effects, but you don't get an icon next to your character portrait (like Haste on the Boots of Speed), nor do you get the floating eye VFX around your character's head