Skip to content

Multiplayer - 2nd Player Keeps Getting Booted

Hi all.

This is getting really bad now. We can barely play the game. The 2nd player keeps disconnecting with the error message "Unfortunately Icewind Dale has stopped." We are both playing on tablets and have tried both TCP/IP and Beamdog servers. Have tried re-installing game on the tablet that keeps booting us as well as clearing data and cache. Nothing is working and this is getting very frustrating and disappointing since we can't play the game as we would like to. Please help!

Thanks,
Fluent

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @Fluent
    Are there any particular activities which pre-empt the closure such as area transitions, combat and so on.

There were reports some time back about Android with Avast security software, I've dug a link out to the relevant thread. Does your 2nd player have any other apps running at the same time.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36270/10638-android-crash-during-quick-save-or-area-transitions-with-antivirus-software-enabled

& if not, are you both running the same version of the game.
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    Gate70 said:

Hi @Fluent
    Are there any particular activities which pre-empt the closure such as area transitions, combat and so on.

There were reports some time back about Android with Avast security software, I've dug a link out to the relevant thread. Does your 2nd player have any other apps running at the same time.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36270/10638-android-crash-during-quick-save-or-area-transitions-with-antivirus-software-enabled

& if not, are you both running the same version of the game.

We are both running the same version of the game. The crash only happens when we load a save. Not the first time we load the save to start the session, but when we die and try to re-load the save again, it crashes for him.

Neither of us have antivirus. We have no apps running at the same time, either, other than the game.

Hope we can solve this because we both love the game but this is really hampering my dad's enjoyment of the game, almost to the point he doesn't want to play it anymore.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    OK. I've tried with an Android client and it seems stable during loads. Has this happened right from the off or are you a reasonable way into the game. Could you zip and attach a save in case there is something specific such as characters, equipment, familiar, etc. affecting it. & also advise if you're playing in a language other than English.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

OK. I've tried with an Android client and it seems stable during loads. Has this happened right from the off or are you a reasonable way into the game. Could you zip and attach a save in case there is something specific such as characters, equipment, familiar, etc. affecting it. & also advise if you're playing in a language other than English.
    Thanks

We are a ways into the game, and it has plagued us from the beginning. At first, it would crash after a few loads, so we could play longer. But then, it started happening every time we load.

I will zip and attach a save now.
    Any resolution on this?

My dad and I really would like to continue playing and finish the expansion content before moving on to Baldur's Gate: EE. I really hope this issue doesn't persist with BG: EE as well. Please let us know. Thanks,

Fluent
    Unfortunately, the issue is persisting in Baldur's Gate: EE as well. This time, however, it happens randomly during the game, not only on loading. Very frustrating.

There's got to be some solution to this. My dad and I paid good money to own both Icewind Dale: EE and Baldur's Gate:EE, and this issue is really ruining our fun. Please advise as to how we can go about fixing this issue and continuing the game.

Thank you,

Fluent