Skip to content

HiPS/HiS effect not displaying correctly?

PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
Playing with a shadowdancer in 2.0+, I've noticed that the hide in shadows sprite transparency seems to fade in and out - during combat, the character will frequently go from transparent to opaque while moving around in stealth mode.

I'm guessing it's not a feature, as it makes it hard to tell whether you are successfully using HiPS or not. I'm unfortunately not able to do a proper bug report and didn't have time to test any non-shadowdancer thieves - has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    So after playing a little while longer, it looks like this obviously a feature. Not sure what the purpose is, though – it doesn't make the sprite easier to see and only serves to add visual inconsistency. Probably not an issue for thieves who are generally only in stealth once per battle, but for shadowdancers who are constantly springing in and out of stealth the oscillating transparency does become an issue.

Works it be possible to make this behavior toggleable?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I would report a bug report on the redmine and wait for the developers' answer there.