Skip to content

Melicamp The Chicken, bad quest?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Of all the game in BG:EE Melicamp is the only one that has a %50 %50 shot of rewarding XP to the player for no reason. Why is this?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Because sh*t happens.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Noloir said:

Of all the game in BG:EE Melicamp is the only one that has a %50 %50 shot of rewarding XP to the player for no reason. Why is this?

1. it shows how dangerous and risky magic in D&D universe really is.
    2. its a silly quest
    3. The Mage even says that there is a chance Both die ... Melicamp dies , or it is successful , would be lame to make it a 100% chance then.

while i like the quest for Lore/Roleplay reasons i hate it then i have no control over an outcome , its like rolling for HP its not your fault hitting that 1 ... and it punishes you forever :I
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380

Noloir said:

1. it shows how dangerous and risky magic in D&D universe really is.
    2. its a silly quest
    3. The Mage even says that there is a chance Both die ... Melicamp dies , or it is successful , would be lame to make it a 100% chance then.

while i like the quest for Lore/Roleplay reasons i hate it then i have no control over an outcome , its like rolling for HP its not your fault hitting that 1 ... and it punishes you forever :I
    Don't necessarily have to have control over the outcome but there should at least be some type of reward for the effort either way.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    If he lives, you get XP. If he dies, you get batter fried nuggets.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Noloir said:

Personally I agree that you should really gain at least a portion of the experience you would have had he lived. If nothing else your character has learned the hard way of the risks involved in experimenting with magic (and unlike someone who just gave up and didn't bother to get the skull and propose helping you actually took the time to try to help and get these things).
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    Because it proves how amazing it is to play minimal/no reload runs! :smile:
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I do think the quest design is flawed, here. I also think it's a small enough quest for a small enough reward that I don really care that much. *shrug*
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    You roll your dice and take your chances.

An excellent quest.