Skip to content

Legacy of Bhaal difficulty overpowered rats of doom

nemesanemesa Member Posts: 8
I was wondering if the difficulty "Legacy of Bhaal" will get a calibration after the beta testing?

I am very happy for having a difficulty option higher than "Insane", but I can't even kill the rats in Reevor's quest in Candlekeep. No wonder the cats won't go near them.

Thank you for your time

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    That. Is. Hilarious :D
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Yeah, those rats are more than a bit hard. I noticed they resist a lot of physical damage.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Try poison. I heard it can help against rats.
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    I've started four new games so far, and every time I go against those pesky rats my weapon breaks. Be it Legacy of Bhaal, Core, Normal, or Story mode, those pests bite my blade into smithereens. I hate them overpowered asses to death.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yeah, I started a new game on Core as soon as I got ass kicked by those rats on Legacy of Bhaal. I almost felt too dumb for this game:) I did not feel so dumb playing SCS :smile:
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    If that's how HoF works in IWD, you need Sleep/Command/Color Spray. Solo would be hard. Perfect time in my opinion to use the new 'Create Party' feature.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited March 2016
    It takes time, patience and strategy. That's how the mode is supposed to work...

At first I thought this mode was just a waste of time.
    Apparently I was completely wrong...

I may have finally found a good challenge in a solo, SCS, Legacy of Bhaal BG:EE play through.
    I can't even remember when was the last time I cared to have a weapon with a good speed factor to be able to hit & run in melee before being catched.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    nemesa said:

but I can't even kill the rats in Reevor's quest in Candlekeep. No wonder the cats won't go near them.

Had a good laugh after reading this. Thank you! :lol:

It takes time, patience and strategy. That's how the mode is supposed to work...

At first I thought this mode was just a waste of time.
    Apparently I was completely wrong...

I may have finally found a good challenge in a solo, SCS, Legacy of Bhaal BG:EE play through.
    I can't even remember when was the last time I cared to have a weapon with a good speed factor to be able to hit & run in melee before being catched.

Argh, it seems that the bonus HP, etc given by Legacy of Bhaal fades during the run.
    Now it's just like playing normal Insane.

Has it been already reported?
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    okay so it seems my first LoB run was bugged and i see whats going on with those rats now , seriously giving them this crazy dmg reduction makes them just annoying to kill if you don't make a party of 6 from the get go. they are rats for crying out loud and my character stands in a corner for 15 hours game time and wacks a single rat.. with a long sword not getting it dead.
    @DevardKrown LoB just gives them more HP, the damage reduction was there already.
    You probably didn't noticed it because you could one-shot them even with a reduced damage.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

@DevardKrown LoB just gives them more HP, the damage reduction was there already.
    You probably didn't noticed it because you could one-shot them even with a reduced damage.

yeah , i just parked myself in the corner now , they cant kill you and using dart i mess them up 3 times faster since they have no armor to speek of and about 8/10 attacks with thac0 21 hit.