Skip to content

"Friend of Volo" Achievement Bug

SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
I just complete the game on story mode just for achievement and I didn't get it. Probably a bug.

Comments

• MatSutaMatSuta Member Posts: 14
    I haven't been able to get through a game without it automatically switching to Easy mode.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    Did you start the game with Story Mode or switched the difficulty midgame?
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    edited March 2016
    I started a game with story mode.

BTW in my opinion if you complete game on higher dificulty you should also get "Friend of Volo". In other games it works that way. In PoE if I complete on normal I also recive easy and very easy achivement for example.
  • SacredNymSacredNym Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2016
    I'm getting Story Mode turning off everytime I load a save.

Also I think just having this achievement for playing the "next to no actual gameplay" difficulty is dumb. Include an avhievement for completing the game on like, Normal or higher instead.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    really this sort of achievement should be given to you if you play on easy not story mode. yes there is a difference.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    It should be given for completing the game on any difficulty. If you can do it on eg. insane you definitely can do it on story mode too.
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    I understand that you guys would prefer to unlock the achievement through finishing the game on a higher difficulty, on the other hand story mode is a new mode and the title clearly emphasises the idea of stories (hence Volo's name).

I think the achievement would be fine in its current form (if it were not for the bugs).
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    That doesn't really make any sense. If anything the higher difficulties have more stories because you get more eventful fights, and obviously all the quests, etc. are still there.
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    As you correctly wrote, you get "more eventful fights", whereas in the story mode you only get that: story. You can basically ignore all the other aspects of the game such as item collecting, gathering experience, minmaxing stats etc., because it's virtually impossible to not win a fight. Thus, all that remains is the story.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Heads up: you can reload your last save before the final fight and finish the game repeatedly with various party and difficulty setups to get all the ending-related achievements in a single playthrough.

(The only one that didn't work for me was Flying Solo, which I only got after I actually went through and finished the game without getting any companions.)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    How did you behave towards Imoen after Candlekeep while going solo, @Adul?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2016
    @bengoshi I ran away before she got a chance to speak with me, just to be on the safe side.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Adul
    "Heya! It's me, CTRL+Y!"