Skip to content

Review Article for Siege of DragonSpear

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

We have new start UI for BG-EE and SOD?
    PeccaAbel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think it is a special demo build, designed for such things like GDC. The developers have mentioned it one day.

"By far, though, the biggest new addition for Dragonspear comes in the form of massive battles, which weren't really possible with the limitations of older hardware. During my hands-off demo, we quickly jumped into one of these encounters, and I came away genuinely impressed by the many sprites clashing on screen."

BRING THEM ON!

I'd like to note that while the review mentions "Siege of Dragonspear releases for Windows, iOS, Mac, Android and Linux on March 31st.", in fact, SoD will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux at launch (Windows/Mac on Beamdog and Windows/Mac/Linux on Steam), iOS and Android will follow, but not on March 31st.
    Abel
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Not to sound ungrateful (because it's all good at this point), but I wonder if the changes to enemy density can be rolled back to BG1 and 2? maybe through the difficulty system that I've heard bits and pieces about?.

I was thinking in particular about a certain army in TOB...
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    edited March 2016
    Chippy said:

Not to sound ungrateful (because it's all good at this point), but I wonder if the changes to enemy density can be rolled back to BG1 and 2? maybe through the difficulty system that I've heard bits and pieces about?.

Unless I've seriously misunderstood something... [REDACTED]

EDITED TO ADD: I seriously misunderstood something. See Dee's comment below.
    Post edited by AndrewFoley on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @AndrewFoley is partly right. Story Mode and Legacy of Bhaal are both features of the v2.0 update.

The advanced difficulty-based scaling of encounters for Easy, Normal, Core, Hard, and Insane (in terms of enemy AI and the types of creatures you face) are not part of that update. Updating every encounter in BG:EE and BGII:EE isn't easily done, and it's not something we'd do lightly or without a reasonable amount of time to design, implement, and test.

(To put it in perspective, the difficulty scaling you'll see in Siege of Dragonspear is the culmination of years of work, for just that expansion.)
    JuliusBorisovelminsterAvenger_teambgJonelethIrenicus
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    darrenkuo said:

We have new start UI for BG-EE and SOD?
    This looks pretty awesome.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Sounds interesting anyway. if I ever get the time I might try a bit of modding myself and specifically change that particular battle - with the encounter being what it is, and the music that plays for the first time, I think you need at least a 100:1 ratio for enemy to party member. :smile:
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited March 2016
    @Dee
    Can we choose font type by ourselves in future?

I know everyone has their own prefer font, but I really like Comic Sans font

Post edited by darrenkuo on
    JuliusBorisov
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Nearly all books use a serif font because serif fonts are easier to read as widely popular. Serifs make the letters "flow together" and are easier on the eyes.

There is very nice article http://theweek.com/articles/463196/how-typeface-influences-way-read-think
    Quote:

The conscious awareness of Comic Sans promotes — at least among some people — contempt and summary dismissal. But is there a typeface that promotes, engenders a belief that a sentence is true? Or at least nudges us in that direction?

Cyrus Highsmith said
    I quote:
    "Typography is the detail and the presentation of a story. It represents the voice of an atmosphere, or historical setting of some kind. It can do a lot of things."

In my opinion, Baskerville does provide vibe of the fantasy genre in which BG belong.
    ValamirCleaverYamchaJuliusBorisov
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think we're getting off topic. If people want to discuss typography, I encourage you to start a new thread.
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    Typographic Termination Time? :(