Skip to content

Who in Bioware designed Durlag's Tower?

2»

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Bubbles said:

Thank goodness I don't have a DM in PnP days with that kind of mind ^^.

I did once. I still get war flashbacks from time to time, even though it has been years.

Best DM I ever had.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    edited March 2016
    @Buttercheese
    Yeah, they make your dungeon crawling at snail pace xD not like "Tomb Raider" speed ^^
    Post edited by Bubbles on
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Oh, I thought you where refering to the sadism.
    My bad.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    I am also counting myself as the one who enjoys Durlags Tower. I liked the puzzles and the story attached to the wretched place. The merchant has some quality wares to offer and the treasure found in there is more than a satisfactory reward. There were no significant problems, except for fighting the final boss, that guy really messed my party up a couple of times. But all in all, Durlags Tower was probably my favorite part in the whole bg1.

@Buttercheese
    Sadism ... my good old DM ... makes magical items such rarity and literally cultivated us to live off the ground. X_X
    @Riderat
    For me the final battle went surprisingly easy (I had the impression it is a hard fight initially).
    It was so strange all I read is that it is tough, my Archer went round the room and found him in the middle,
    after talking I kite him a bit and he was dead O_O. He did throw a fireball at me but didn't seemed that deadly. I am still wondering what went wrong, I have a lot more trouble fighting battle-horrors than that demon knight (It is supposed to be a death knight I guess).

What party levels is most fun to do Durlag's Tower with?
    @Bubbles I guess my undead hunter was able to cut trough them with ease. The demonknight was able to confuse my party and somehow I am usually very vulnerable to charms/confusions/cc's. But I guess I did it with a lvl 5-6 party consisting of 5 guys - me as an undead hunter, Branwen, Coran, Imoen and Neera.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Agree with alll those saying how good DT is, the lore and atmosphere in particular.
    For years I didn't realise that "Gael"(?) had been turned by Aec Latec, that's such a horrible concept.
    Years and years held underground with nothing but hate, and he was a hero but it went wrong................. and "you" then have to face the same.

The starting dungeon BG2 is such a let down and wrong style afterwards when doing a complete runthrough.
    Once we see DT, all the BG2's dungeon design and concepts seemed rather lazy (give the impression they just wanna sell BG2 and hit the iron when it is still hot).
    Just started a 2nd run with neutral Charname+all evil party mates ^^.
    Strange but why do I get this feeling that the evil guys have cooler remarks while the good/neutral guys? ...
    Hmmm am I becoming evil? x_x
    Anyone knows if 18 reputation is the highest evil members can tolerate? Does having 18-20 charisma helps to go beyond 18 rep?
    edited March 2016
    Evil characters will complain at high reputation AND will leave the party in the moment that 19 or more reputation points is hit AND any amount of XP is received (by any source)
    taken from http://baldursgate.wikia.com
    I know that Imoen leaves the party as soon as you reach reputation of 2 even at 18 charisma. I think the evil npc's are not checking your charisma as well.
    @Riderat
    Kinda sad ... I wanted cheap prices for merchandies ...
    Dorn didn't complain when my rep goes high but once i hit 19 he leaves straight X_X.
    And I don't wanna use any tweak ... well looks like i just have to pay a higher price for stuffs or play a playhrough that do minimum purchase O_o
    Or playing as a baddie you can either steal the items or kill the merchant :)
    @Riderat
    Never chop an apple tree if you want apples every year ^^.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Yup, the tower glitched on me and I can't access the chess area. Whoever designed this thing really hates me.