Skip to content

Paladin.

2»

Comments

• yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2016
    Hello again,

I am not sure if I got a straight answer about Wisdom and Paladins.

The answer was given that Wisdom is no use for Paladins, and at the same time Undead Hunters have access to Cleric spells when at a higher level if I understood the posts above.

If you have a high Wisdom, does this not, when having Cleric spells, allow you to memorize more spells (i.e. more spell slots)?

Sincerely
    /A.
    Post edited by yksimalt on
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited March 2016
    yksimalt said:

Hello again,

I am not sure if I got a straight answer about Wisdom and Paladins.

The answer was given that Wisdom is no use for Paladins, and at the same time Undead Hunters have access to Cleric spells at when at a higher level if I understood the posts above.

If you have a high Wisdom, does this not, when having Cleric spells, allow you to memorize more spells (i.e. more spell slots)?

Sincerely
    /A.

Thats correct, wisdom does nothing at all for paladins. In 2E pen and paper there would be possible spell failures with too low a wisdom to cast spells, but that was not implemented in BG.

Paladins and rangers do not gain the bonus spells from a high wisdom score that clerics and druids do.

edit:
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Wisdom
    edited March 2016
    Thank you. That clarifies the issue.

Would you by chance know at which level the Undead Hunter gets access to Cleric spells, and which spells he is given access to?

/A.
    Post edited by yksimalt on
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    At level 9 he'll gain access to level 1 cleric spells... He'll be able to case any cleric spells that he's high enough level for, up to spell level 4.
    Thank you. Greatly appreciated.

/A.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited March 2016
    Amberion said:

There's no paladin quest to kill Firkraag. Whether you kill him or not, that starts the Paladin stronghold quest, but there's no quest that explicitly states 'go here and kill Firkraag'.

There is. The 3rd stronghold quest is to recover the Holy Avenger but it gets skipped if you already have it/killed Firkraag.