Skip to content

Baeloth In Baldur's Gate 2 EE?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Made a perfectly balanced Evil Creature Party with a Half-Orc Fighter/Thief main char, Dorn, Viconia, and Baeloth. Does Baeloth have some special appearance in SoA or ToB like Wilson? He makes a great niche mage addition aside from Edwin who's a human. If not do deveslopers plan on making him an available character for BG2:EE which the Dragonspear patch along with his portrait?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    AFAIK you won't find him anywhere in SoA and/or ToB.

Just take Edwin. :)

And thinking about it now... there is a lack of evil wizards in SoA.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    edited March 2016
    Raduziel said:

AFAIK you won't find him anywhere in SoA and/or ToB.

Just take Edwin. :)

And thinking about it now... there is a lack of evil wizards in SoA.

Edwin doesn't really fit in a creature party. It's such a shame that Half-Orcs were so underpowered and "creature NPCs" are so limited in scope.
    Running this small party for The Siege. No other Humanoids unfortunately.

• PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    How are Half Orcs underpowered? I consider them insane.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited March 2016
    well the only "Creature" mage i could think of is Haer'Dalis , hes not a mage ofc but good enough to throw haste and a few Breaches towards the enemy.

aside that there is only
    -Edwin (who is the only real evil wizard)
    -Imoen(late)
    -Jan Jansen(which is next to edwin the most "Evil")
    -Nalia who sucks as thief but you want her as mage so that's no problem. and she has even 5 strength more than Imoen !)
    -Neera who is too cray cray but as Jan chaotic Neutral and a single class so fast Progression.
    -Aerie (toooo goood)
    PK2748 said:

How are Half Orcs underpowered? I consider them insane.

Their saving throws are terrible compared to ither races and all of their benefits, 19STR and 19CON can be replicated with ease by using in-game BG1 Tomes. Every race has the capacity to reach 19 in any stat with tomes. In essence there's no distictive upside to Orc.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Yes but those same times let Half Orcs get 20s which means regeneration easily in BG1 and they get that 29 from the first fight to the last. That's significant for non fighters
    PK2748 said:

Yes but those same times let Half Orcs get 20s which means regeneration easily in BG1 and they get that 29 from the first fight to the last. That's significant for non fighters

Means nothing if a Kobold can cast hold and hit for lack of saving throws. Regen can easily be duplicated with pots fings and Druidic spells. Not that notable.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    hm its not always about the stats guys.

Sometime, and mostly in bg its about the RP.
    i remember when playing NWN, i loved to take Half-Orcs.
    There u get a true feeling how this race "Should Be".

take the dam half orc if he fits into ur paty line :)
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I think that it is easy to get overly caught up in stats, with an obsession on races, classes, and builds. I usually play Humans regardless of the class that I will choose, simply since I prefer representing humanity.

I recently struggled over various Cleric builds, but finally decided to go with a trilogy playthrough with a LG Human Priest of Lathander. Fighter/Clerics, etc., are definitely more powerful, but I like Lathanderites because of their anti-undead stance, and even almost went with an Undead Hunter, but wanted access to more spells for more tactical variety during the playthrough. My Cleric's stats are 16/9/16/13/18/15, and are somewhat proportional to the suggested default stats of a Cleric in Neverwinter Nights (14/8/14/10/16/14). Some would balk at the "low" Str and abysmal Dex, but I think that the character fits in better with the NPCs.

Ultimately, I am going to win the game, regardless of the stats, race, class, etc., so it seems to me that I may as well just have fun with my character concepts rather than all of the mechanics.