Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition patch 1.4 released! Korean and Russian localizations now available.

2»

Comments

• ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    Mivsan said:

The "No-Difficulty Based XP Bonus" option sounds great! I was recently searching for a mod for that kind of thing. That is a sweet addition.

Agree with this, will definitely actually play the game through now. Thanks for listening.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Best birthday ever! XD I just got IDEE from a friend and patch came only couple days earlier =D
    Pity I shouldn't play for at least 2 weeks... but creating characters isn't technically playing, is it? =P
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    err, I know Im being stupid but what are these new options for? Does it allow you to increase difficulty without giving the enemy "non fair" extra damage?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

err, I know Im being stupid but what are these new options for? Does it allow you to increase difficulty without giving the enemy "non fair" extra damage?

With those options you can increase the difficulty and keep the core rules.
  • MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139

When going above Core difficulty in Icewind Dale, you not only increase the damage enemies do, but also add more enemies that spawn. For example, in the orc cave (first quest you get from Hrothgar), there are 4 ogres on Insane difficulty, while on Core there is only one ogre.

The main point of those options is to have the option to keep the additional enemies without having to deal with the damage increase and (with the other available option) the increase in experience rewards. Or alternatively, when going below Core difficulty, to keep the 100% damage enemies do, but have things like automatically successful scroll scribing and no risk of your party members getting chunked.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    A side note on extra ogres in the orc cave in HoF-Mode (maybe insane is the same here): Together with the one from the house in west-eastheaven they drop enough winter wolf pelts for you to make a cloak out once you arrive in Kuldahar, BEFORE ever encountering a winter wolf. XD Don't know if they "fixed" it with the patch though (I don't feel it needs being fixed, but some people might).
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Mivsan said:

When going above Core difficulty in Icewind Dale, you not only increase the damage enemies do, but also add more enemies that spawn. For example, in the orc cave (first quest you get from Hrothgar), there are 4 ogres on Insane difficulty, while on Core there is only one ogre.

The main point of those options is to have the option to keep the additional enemies without having to deal with the damage increase and (with the other available option) the increase in experience rewards. Or alternatively, when going below Core difficulty, to keep the 100% damage enemies do, but have things like automatically successful scroll scribing and no risk of your party members getting chunked.
    So I can play on a difficulty harder than Easy difficulty, without the fear of permanently losing a character? Great! I have reasonable expectations that this functionality will flow through to the other games as well (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2).
  • MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    Franpa said:

Mivsan said:

So I can play on a difficulty harder than Easy difficulty, without the fear of permanently losing a character? Great! I have reasonable expectations that this functionality will flow through to the other games as well (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2).
    Just to be completely precise and clarify a little bit - you can play on below-Core difficulties, which prevent your characters from getting chunked, but, while playing on Easy (called Normal in BG) for example, instead of opponents dealing 75% damage, you can turn that damage reduction off to make them do 100%. So it's Core damage, but Easy mechanics for scrolls, chunking, etc.
  • StratosjStratosj Member Posts: 30
    Korean....yisssssssssssss <333
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Mivsan said:

Franpa said:

Just to be completely precise and clarify a little bit - you can play on below-Core difficulties, which prevent your characters from getting chunked, but, while playing on Easy (called Normal in BG) for example, instead of opponents dealing 75% damage, you can turn that damage reduction off to make them do 100%. So it's Core damage, but Easy mechanics for scrolls, chunking, etc.
    Hmm, not quite as complex array of settings as I'd hoped but it's an improvement. I'd rather play on say, Core Rules difficulty but without the dismemberment equaling permanent character loss. What you've described isn't exactly Core Rules though as you're only changing the damage output of enemies, you still have all the other benefits of Easy Mode in effect.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    Stupid question - do I have to reinstall the game to get the patch? With BGEE and BG2EE I get a start screen where I can update the game, but with IWDEE, I go directly to the screen where I pick the regular game or heart of winter. I don't see a place to get updates for the game.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Beetle said:

Stupid question - do I have to reinstall the game to get the patch? With BGEE and BG2EE I get a start screen where I can update the game, but with IWDEE, I go directly to the screen where I pick the regular game or heart of winter. I don't see a place to get updates for the game.

It depends on what version of the game you have (Steam, GoG, Beamdog, Mac, IOS, Android), see page 3 of the release notes (http://cdn.icewinddale.com/files/IWDEE-1.4-Release-Notes.pdf) for more details about each version.
    edited March 2015
    Read the directions? What madness is this?

Actually it looks like I'll have to tinker with this some more when I get home. I purchased from Beamdog, but don't seem to have any "apply update" option as spelled out on the release notes.
    Found it! Thanks for the help.
  • HooymanHooyman Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to say that I went ahead and picked this up thanks to the new Russian translation. Thanks a lot for supporting the game for those all around the world. Keep us updated on the status of the BG2:EE Russian translation, because me and several of my acquaintances are ready to throw down the money for that, too.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Beetle said:

Found it! Thanks for the help.</blockquote
    "Stupid question..." Sounds like Croaker...

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Have we any news on the next patch?
  • will789will789 Member Posts: 1
    Paid my MONEY but unable to complete download of icewind dale told beamdog they got in touch but still could not find the game , still waiting for FURTHER help, someone called Charles has contacted me ,
  • ObiWan_KanabisObiWan_Kanabis Member Posts: 1
    So... I might have missed something but how do I download the patch, exactly? I fail to see any link to it, either on the game's page or in the "Support" section...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @ObiWan_Kanabis If you use the standalone launcher for the game, run it and you'll see the Update button. If you use the Beamdog Client, you'll see the "+" sign which means you can download an update.